JB Weld

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  JB Weld

Ok I had a hole in my oil pan, it was about the size of a smiley :wink2:. I sanded down the area and cleaned it with a wire brush and then used JB weld to fix the hole, now I was wondering if this is gonna work, I mean it is holding oil but I haven't let it got hot or anything yet.

posted by  jarvisx2000

Itll work for a little while. Probably long enough for you to get a new oil pan, I wouldnt run it for more than 3 days though if even that.

posted by  FordFromHell351

Try and get a Moroso oil pan, put one in my 69 beetle because it didn't have one :doh:

posted by  99integra

I am not going to get a new oil pan, I only plan on getting 3 more races out of the car anyway, so do you think the JB Weld will hold up?

posted by  jarvisx2000

if you followed the instructions for the jb weld, then i dont see why not. on the farm here we've used it for a cracked engine block on a tractor with success.

posted by  dodgerforlife

I have a 1985 Buick Electra Park Avenue that has a pinhole in the thermostat housing. No luck at finding a replacement housing at the salvage yards. Can JB Weld be used to repair this? If not, how can I patch this hole?

posted by  dmsleeker

A screw with some sealant?

posted by  Wally

My mechanic, when changing transmission fluid, will poke a hole in the pan to drain the fluid before removing the pan. He seals the hole with a screw. I'm not sure if he uses some kind of sealant with the screw.

posted by  bbaddog

should work just fine :)

posted by  dodgerforlife

parts stores oughtta have that one... did you look in cars that weren't buicks, too? like oldsmobiles (i'm assuming you have an olds 307...)

posted by  dodger65

Your Message