New Member need help with 2003 Durango R/T Gas consumption

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  New Member need help with 2003 Durango R/T Gas consumption

I Just purchase a Demo 2003 Dodge Durango R/T 5.9 litters, 360 CID. It was a pretty good deal, trade my 2002 Dakota Quad 4.7l and was pretty much even. Now I know why a got the deal of a lifetime. It's so hard on gas that they had to get rid of it. The Durango is fully loaded, 17" chrome factory rims and everything but now I want to get better fuel consumption. 13 Miles per gallons is average at 55 m/h. Is there any product out there that could help me :doh: :cussing: :cry: :guns: :tard:

Thanks

Tony

posted by  Durango R/T

Moved to R&M

posted by  SuperJew

try the Tornado air induction system. supposedly saves on gas and boosts horsepower. I don't see how you can do both however..

posted by  Satty101

Let's see if I've got this straight. You got the deal of a lifetime on the Durango because it gets such bad mileage they had to unload it. Now you want to get better mileage from it. It sounds to me like you fully thought out this business transaction prior to completing it.

So, how do you get better mileage from the Durango. Well, you probably don't, at least not substantially. The fuel economy (?) is about what you can expect from your vehicle. Switch over to all synthetic lubricants, get a K&N replacement air filter, run your tire pressures high and go easy with the right foot. Or better yet keep the Dakota. Oops, to late for that idea.

Or don't because the only thing it will save you is the opportunity to spend around $50 on something useful. Satty, you really need to start reading closer then you would at least have an understanding of how to theoretically increase power and fuel economy

posted by  vwhobo

sowwy :oops: :oops:

posted by  Satty101

Your Message