carby/misfire

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  carby/misfire

I have a misfire at idle and if I accelerate then suddenly take foot off the throttle, the engine also runs really rough and violently, shaking about and stuff...

anyway a mechanic friend said he'd have a look and just give me some direction for free, so i was like okay, anyway he discovered that when the idle motor/control/valve is disconnected that the engine runs heeps smoother, so he says its something to do with the carby and the air intake.

Does anyone have an idea what I could specifically look at in my carby, or what to look at in a replacement 2nd hand carby to see if it's ok?

its an 83 mazda 626, 4cyl

cheers

posted by  edd91

Check the PCV and EGR systems, a misfire shouldn't be from the carb unless there is a vacume leak. :2cents:

posted by  srober32

well IF it has an idle air control motor that isn't scrolling properly then that will cause alot of problems but your car probably doesnt have that, it will have whats called a slow fuel solenoid, if it's buggered or has gunk all over it it will cause some problems for you, my suggestion either carb rebuild or sell it :2cents:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Your Message