Is it bad?

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Is it bad?

How bad is it to run your car with no oil in it? I noticed it was making a funny noise and stuff but just figured it was normal. The noise sounds like something is grinding. Is that bad? Help please. Thanks in advance. :wink2:

posted by  97Talonchik

I sure hope your just doing this to mess with us lol Maybe you want attention I dont know :laughing:

posted by  FordFromHell351

Haha, i'm guessing this is part of your plan to see how many replies you can get (from guys) trying to help a lady in need, atleast i hope thats all it is :laughing: .

posted by  car_crazy89

No I'm serious. So you're saying it's bad? :ohcrap:

posted by  97Talonchik

Yeah...its extremely bad.

Yes its bad, you know that 'funny noise'? i dont think it was really all that funny, or atleast the engine may not think so.

posted by  car_crazy89

No lubricant=****ed up internals

posted by  99integra

What's that mean? I just put some oil in it then it will fix right? :oops:

posted by  97Talonchik

It should :thumbs:
Unless you've been running it without oil for a while, then you're screwed

posted by  99integra

this has to be a joke!?! :ticking:

posted by  importluva

Or a horrible incident :wink2:

posted by  99integra

Well I checked my oil like 3 years ago. It was good. I should be okay then. What kind of oil do I use? Vegetable or Olive?

posted by  97Talonchik

I think you use sunflower for extra lub-ri-mi-cation :laughing:

But on a more serious note, how long has it been since there was oil in it?

posted by  99integra

............ :cussing: You should be arrested for vehicle abuse!!! I sincerly hope your joking this time :ohcrap:

If its not a joke she should be shot :laughing:

posted by  99integra

I don't know, I told you I checked it 3 years ago. :oops:

posted by  97Talonchik

Umm, holy shit.

posted by  99integra

if you are serious, you need to pick up a book on basic car care!

posted by  importluva

Just put more oil in it and use Mobil 1 5W-30. Youll be all set.

:badrazz: Do you know how much krunk would be in the bottom of the oil pan, she would have to drain it and then fill it

posted by  99integra

I shutter at the thought....Jeebus this is horrible....honey, you need some help with car basics FAST!

:ohcrap: I just drove to the store down the street and the car started bucking real bad like I was riding a bull. I think that thing that smoke comes out of on the back fell off.

posted by  97Talonchik

AHHHH, what the hell :banghead: Maybe you would stop and think that its the MUFFLER

posted by  99integra

Is that important?

posted by  97Talonchik

Actually no, just keeps the car quiet. But still you can't drive the ****ing car without a muffler, you'll get pulled over :doh:

posted by  99integra

This has turned into one of the funniest threads I have ever read. :laughing:

Haha now i KNOW this is fake, although there are some people that are really like that :laughing: . C'mon now, you got some people scared that you have no idea what your doing with cars, thats just mean. But look, so far this thread has 27 posts.

posted by  car_crazy89

What do you mean fake? I checked the oil by the way. I think it's good. I stuck my finger in the hole labeled oil and it had some dirt in it, so I put some dishwashing detergent and about a gallon of water in there to clean it out real good. I'm going to let it run for about 10 more minutes, then see if it's still dirty.

posted by  97Talonchik

Oh sorry, i must be confused. Your seem to be doing everything right and know what your doing. Maybe you should right a 'How NOT To' book, you could make one's of ten's on dollars on it :mrgreen:. Good luck with your car and hopefully it'll now be clean enough that you can eat off/out of it :wink2:

posted by  car_crazy89

that will only work if you lean on the fender and rock it back and forth to get the mixture into all the nooks and crannies of the motor. your canuter valve is probably shot, though. the new style canuter valves rock b/c they have ball bearings in them. you know, it's all ball bearings nowadays... :thumbs:

posted by  dodger65

extra virgin olive oil. if it's not virgin, you're f*cked! :hi:

posted by  dodger65

http://www.pandasthumb.org/pt-archives/images/StopLaughing.jpg

posted by  Wally

:orglaugh:

posted by  99integra

Yeah always try to get extra virgin olive oil, it will be the cleanest out there :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Thanks guys. I think you just saved me a ton of money. :thumbs:

posted by  97Talonchik

so what happened...... did ya hoop it good? this musta been some kind of story one of your girlfriends was telling you cuz we all know your smarter than that right?

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Ok, so I started my car today and bubbles came out from under the hood!! Good fun! Woah, I just noticed they are coming out from behind it too where that thing used to be that blew smoke out. This is way cooler!!

posted by  97Talonchik

Talon, I think you've proved your point, so now would be the time to stop.

posted by  Godlaus

Uhhhh huh.....riiiight lol

yeah it was a little old after:

Honestly. We know you are not that stupid.

posted by  dodgerforlife

naw, let's stop her when it stops being funny...

right now, it's still funny :thumbs: :laughing: :orglaugh:

posted by  dodger65

Your Message