1991 ford tbird 5.0 high output problems

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1991 ford tbird 5.0 high output problems

My engine is a 5.0 high output with automatic transmission. When the engine is cold, car runs fine. After reaching operating temperature, and driving one mile, it begins to lose power at 1200 rpms and it bucks, hesitates, and backfires through exhaust, the engine will never die, and still idles good. I have replaced the spark plugs, ingnition coil, throttle sensor, and engine coolant temperature sensor, and have not been able to fix my problems. Would appreaciate your input.

posted by  saundraadams

[QUOTE=saundraadams]My engine is a 5.0 high output with automatic transmission. When the engine is cold, car runs fine. After reaching operating temperature, and driving one mile, it begins to lose power at 1200 rpms and it bucks, hesitates, and backfires through exhaust, the engine will never die, and still idles good. I have replaced the spark plugs, ingnition coil, throttle sensor, and engine coolant temperature sensor, and have not been able to fix my problems. Would appreaciate your input.[/QUOTE

cats plugging up ???? have the engine exhaust system tested for back pressure

posted by  osborste

Hi, Just a Thought but have you checked you Cat ? might be stopped up and shows up after motor warms up, good luck Slim :2cents:

posted by  Slimone

Your Message