2001 Dodge Caravan SE and a trailer...

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  2001 Dodge Caravan SE and a trailer...

Well, my parents plan on going camping, and they're going to use the van for hauling a trailer. My dad was busy today trying to connect the lights on the trailer to the van, but everything he tried did not work, nor did any of the advice that any of the stores gave him helped. When I last saw him, he was throwing screwdrivers around the shop...

Situtation - we have a 4 pin to 4 pin harness, which is apparently what the trailer needs. That's fine. That hooked up nice and easy. But trying to get the other end on the van has been driving him nuts. He was told to look for a module at the drivers side rear quarter panel. He looked, and could not find anything. He hacked into the wiring harness that runs across the rear of the van as well, no dice.

What gives....how do we connect that damned harness?

Thanks guys!

posted by  dodgerforlife

the first thing I would do is try to find a good wiring diagram and see how it is supposed to work and start from there.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

been there done that lol

except we did find out the problem....

talked to the dealership today(closed yesterday for Canada day), and found out the harness that runs the lights doesn't have enough power unless you get a converter. Got one from them today, and it attaches to some point in the harness....can't do it right now as it's raining....

posted by  dodgerforlife

first does the van have a seperate signal light from the brake light my 99 caravan has and had to buy a seperate signal/brake module because of the seperate lights/cuircut the trailers brake light is the same as the signal were as the van has seperate cuircuts the module cost me under 20 bucks canadian but you can get a complete wired module from reese that plugs into the tail light sockets and is complete for about 60 to 80 canadian

posted by  osborste

its the complete module that we got :thumbs:

posted by  dodgerforlife

Your Message