Ac s7 Gauge installtion help!

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Ac s7 Gauge installtion help!

Hey i have a 98 accord v4 auto and i want to change the stock gauge to a ac autotechnics s7 guage. i was sucessful in getting to the stock gauge part, but i really dont know where the parking light wire is which i need to attach the red wire from the inverter to control the lighting of the gauge. and where should i put the ground wire. any help would be nice. thanks

my gauge i bought:
http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-15564.cfm

posted by  littlebitnow

"v4" ???

posted by  BavarianWheels

I was gonna bring that up but figured it was a waste of time. I figured at best he'd be a one hit wonder and never come back, at worst I'd be called a bigot and a hypocrite.

posted by  vwhobo

Sorrry bout the v4, im new to cars so i dont know much. I think its really 4 cyc. Anyway, do u know where i should look for the fuse box because i heard the 12vdc line is in there. So can anybody direct me where it might be located or a pic would be even greater. thanks

posted by  littlebitnow

littlebitnow wrote: -
"Sorrry bout the v4, im new to cars so i dont know much. I think its really 4 cyc."

:roll: '4cyl', '4-cylinder' or 'straight four' would be acceptable...
Oh yeah, seeing as vwhobo hasn't helped you out by now, you really shouldn't get your hopes up about receiving a useful reply to your question :mrgreen:

posted by  snoopewite

Allow me to show you something taken directly from the link you supplied;

I am a professional, and without a factory wiring diagram, or at least specific instructions from the manufacturer, I would not attempt this installation. It appears to me as though you've gotten yourself into deep poopy because you took action BEFORE thinking out what it is you're doing.

In your first post you seem to be looking for one wire ("where the parking light wire is") or another ("where should i put the ground wire"). In your second post you're looking for something else ("where i should look for the fuse box because i heard the 12vdc line is in there"). I get the impression that you are confused, which certainly has me confused, making the difficult closer to impossible. I suggest you reassemble your car, if you can, and do this correctly from the beginning or pay someone who can.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message