2 Sleeper Questions

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  2 Sleeper Questions

I'd appreciate it if someone could answer these 2 questions: -
1. Could a 2.0-litre, straight 5, turbocharged engine from a Fiat Coupe be installed inside the engine bay of a Panda 4x4?
2. Could the chassis of a Panda 4x4 handle 229lbs-ft of torque? I think that the 1.0 8v engine that's in a stock Panda 4x4 doesn’t even produce 50lbs-ft of torque.

I'm doubtful about getting positive answers to the questions above but then I do know these 2 facts: -
1. A Vauxhall 2.0 16v turbo can be installed inside the engine bay of a Corsa.
2. A Citroen Saxo's chassis can handle more than 229lbs-ft of torque.

posted by  snoopewite

Snoope, I'll tell you right off I'm not familiar with the dimensions of the engine, but I am familiar with Panda's. My educated guess on the engine would be 'not easily if at all'. As for the torque question, I'd be less worried about the chassis and more concerned with the drivetrain/suspension.

posted by  vwhobo

I didn’t think properly about the four-wheel drivetrain. Thanks vwhobo… unlike some bitches, I’m not someone who ignores people after they've been helpful in responing to my questions :wink2:

posted by  snoopewite

To your absolute credit, you are not one to ignore or act ignorant. Just two more reasons I'm (we're?) so glad you came back to us.:thumbs:

posted by  vwhobo

:o: Thank you yet again for the kind words. To be valued is another reason why I'm glad to be back here :heh:

posted by  snoopewite

Your Message