stickin throttle

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  stickin throttle

:banghead: :i GOT A 93LX 5.0 Itried to adjust the idle down using the idle speed adjusting screw that brought it down a little ,but now the throttle sticks, especialy after it's been sittin for mor than a 1/2 hr,&sometimes at lite I sure could use some HELPFULL info THANKX

posted by  timothy

Another case of someone doing something they don't know how to do. The idle speed on your Mustang is not adjustable, it is controlled by the PCM. What you have done now is monkeyed with the throttle stop which will only make your existing problem harder to diagnose.

Do not work on your car uless you either know exactly what you are doing or have a service manual to guide you.

posted by  vwhobo

Please, if you have something to say, say it in public. If you'll re-read my post I didn't tell you how stupid you are, I only provided enough information for you to figure it out on your own.

I don't know where you got the idea that this forum is your personal "free help" site or that anyone here owes you anything. Aagin, if you re-read my post you'll see that I did tell you what you did wrong.

So, since you don't like my info, let's just sit here and watch this post and see how many other answers you get. Have a great day.

posted by  vwhobo

got the same engine....same problem awhile ago. vacuum leak. and vwhobo, you can change the idle speed. the manuals say you cant but you can. you adjust the air horn stop.

posted by  DodgeRida67

You are the type of simpleton that makes the life of a professional technician so difficult. Read my first reply in this thread. Yes, that will change the idle speed. It will also throw of all of the operating parameters and confuse the PCM. Just because you can do something doesn't make it right.

posted by  vwhobo

Uh, Hm. We seem to have a know-it-all redneck here. Adjusting the air horn works fine for adjusting the idle...the control computer adjusts the idle when you do that.

posted by  DodgeRida67

No it doesn't. The only type of person that would make that statement is the know it all redneck.

Answer me this genius. If the PCM will compensate for the additional opening of the throttle plate, which is nothing more than a self induced vacuum leak, why won't it compensate for an actual vacuum leak? Hmmm. If you can come up with some bullsh*t answer for that, try this. As soon as you mis-adjust the throttle plate, how does the PCM compensate for the fact that the TPS is now reading that the throttle is open, probably 1+vdc? Better yet, do you even know what any of that means?

posted by  vwhobo

Um, Your seriously....anyway. Answer this: What the hell do you think happens when you press on the gas pedal? It opens the freaking air horn. :cussing:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Don't give me no crap now.

posted by  DodgeRida67

No sh*t you moron you. It's called the engine being under load or accelerating. The purpose of the throttle stop is to, of all things, stop the throttle... AT IDLE. What you are doing is tap dancing. I asked you three very specific questions but you completely ignored the first two. The third one you answered without even meaning to.

With every word you type you show more and more ignorance, so why don't you just stop now?

posted by  vwhobo

Calling me a moron now arent you. While I was waiting on your responce to this thread I check around on others you have replied to. Bottem line your a freaking Jackass. You run everyone down thinking your king shit.

posted by  DodgeRida67

A question im sure might sink you. Why does the air horn have an adjusting screw? Yeah, it's for adjusting something. But what? Hm..yes....indeed. Throttle.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Sweetie, take a look about six posts up, you were the first one to call names. That is an chronicled and undisputable fact. You're still calling names now, maybe it's time for your mommy to put you down for your nappie.

The bottom line is that I spend alot of time trying to help people, most of whom are too lazy to help themselves. Don't get pissed at me because I called your bluff when you went forth spewing bullsh*t. You got busted, just admit it. Oh yeah, how about the answers to those questions.

posted by  vwhobo

Yes, which I've already explained, but I'll do it one more time for the slow kid in the class. It is a throttle plate stop. It's only purpose is to stop the throttle plate so it doesn't bind against the throttle body when closed. It is not nor ever will be an idle speed adjustment. Is that simple enough for you to understand?

posted by  vwhobo

Technically it's called an air horn :orglaugh:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Remember what I said earlier about making yourself look stupid? You're doing it again. An air horn may or may not be a part of a throttle body, but a throttle body is always a throttle body. Two answers please.

posted by  vwhobo

Wow. Why argue with you. You obviously dont know the difference between an airplane and a car. Nice wings buddy.

posted by  DodgeRida67

I suppose that's meant to hurt but... You still haven't answered the questions. The reason is you don't know the answers. By the way, if you have any doubt as to my ability to differentiate cars and aircraft keep in mind I maintain both ASE CMAT and A&P certifications.

Two more things. I'm not your buddy and have no desire to be. And if you knew even half as much as you think you do, you'd know that's not a wing, it's an airfoil. Think, type, submit.

Now I have another question for you. Is it cool riding on the short bus?

posted by  vwhobo

Air Horn * * * * * * * * * * * Throttle Body

http://www.realwheels.com/images/airhorns_01.jpg http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/autopartsphotos/throttle_bodies/3871.jp g

:read:

posted by  vwhobo

Wrong. Its a piece of crap.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Also, don't even try to make me out as dumb. I've probably forgotten more than you know about cars. Ive been working on small engines before I was strong enough to pull the cord to start them. Ive been working on cars ever since I could see the engine. Ive restored many cars and can fix one blindfolded. Im a carpenter, electritian, computer programmer, machinic. You try to make everyone out to be dumb and I can see that.

posted by  DodgeRida67

...and apparently didn't finish school as you can't spell the simplest of words. :doh: :banghead: :doh:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Oh, you're a "machinic" and an "electritian". Why didn't you say so. You've forgotten more about cars than I know? That would make you extremely stupid. If you know so much, how come you keep tap dancing instead of answering the questions? It must be because you forgot. Bottom line little fella, when you want to talk about maintaining, repairing, restoring or building cars you are in my backyard. Now put up or shut up and answer the questions.

posted by  vwhobo

DodgeRida67...you've been...
http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v38/BavarianWheels/owned.jpg

Actually now that you changed the picture of your vw I think it looks pretty badass now.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Wrong answer boopsie. Trying to kiss up and get on my good side doesn't work. We're all still waiting for your two specific answers to two specific questions.

By the way, that's not one of my cars but it is pretty badass.

posted by  vwhobo

QuUESTION #1

Its not a vacuum leak so thats not a valid question. On to the next.

QUESTION #2

It compensates by increasing the RPMs. You make it sound like the TPS only reads open and closed.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Those are non answers and would only be acceptable to someone who knows less about the system than you do, like say my 97 year old grandmother. Try again or go away.

posted by  vwhobo

My questions are correct so uh... :fu:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Oh, well, I stand corrected. You used the "fu smilie" so you must be right. There is no power on earth stronger than the "fu smilie".

Just a note moron. I asked questions, you provided (absolutely incorrect) answers That's how it normally works but you can't even get that right.

posted by  vwhobo

OK. Tell me the difference between pressing the gas pedal and adjusting the screw.

posted by  DodgeRida67

The difference is you dildo that when you press the gas pedal you intend to accelerate. When you mis-adjust the screw you are throwing of the idle calibration which in turn confuses the PCM. All very simple, very obvious and all previously explained. Something that should be no problem for a combination "machinic" and "electritian" to understand.

Tell me the truth, are you really that dense or are you just trying to get me pissed off?

posted by  vwhobo

Pressing the gas pedal and adjusting that screw do the same thing. Increase the RPMs. So according to you pressing the gas confuses the PCM. Your so smart :clap: :clap: :clap:

posted by  DodgeRida67

NOT. Your a damn hippie that hangs around stores all day saying to random passerbys "I could have made a million dollars"

posted by  DodgeRida67

Except the difference is when you step on the gas you want to accelerate. When it's on the stop you want it to idle. I used the smallest words I could to make it easier for you to understand. Read slowly and try hard.

Yes, I am a long hair, almost to my ass. Chicks dig it and losers like you can't handle it. No, I don't talk to strangers or want to push you out of your panhandler zone. Sorry, I'm already well over the one million mark. Just like before, one out of three.

posted by  vwhobo

I found a picture of DodgeRida67...
and his home-made sign.
http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v38/BavarianWheels/Morans.jpg

Your Message