95 Buick Le Sabre Engine L27 3.8LV6

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  95 Buick Le Sabre Engine L27 3.8LV6

I would appreciate if somebody could help me. I took my car to the dealer to have the air conditioner fix and and within 3 minutes of leaving the dealer the car stalled. I was able to start the car right away and the next day went back to the dealer who said all they did was replace recycling switch and add 1 lb of freon. They suggested a change of oil and filter and also performed injection cleaning. I got all that done but the car continues to stall and I do not want to go back to the dealer. The car had been functioning fine before I took it to get the air fixed. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I don't know much about cars and would like to have some idea before I go to another mechanic. Thanks.

posted by  x2b9

Its always these damn GM cars isnt it :laughing: Have you had the vacuum lines of the a/c checked?

posted by  FordFromHell351

Thank you for replying. To my best knowledge the a/c vacum lines have not been checked.

Addie

posted by  x2b9

no engine light is on?

check the connections no the air charge switch and shit, sometimes when they check the air filters or monkey around they leave somethign unplugged.

posted by  carls47807

is it stalling only when you have the ac on?

posted by  dodger65

Thank you again for helping. Yes the check engine light goes on. Also the car stalls without the air conditioning on. It seems to stall more when I am going uphill.

Addie

posted by  x2b9

as always, i'm going to suggest going to a chain parts store that will read the computer codes for you... then you can tell us, and we'll have a better idea of what's going on in your car... :thumbs:

posted by  dodger65

1995 was a transition yr to OBD2. Look @ the underhood sticker and see if it says OBD2 compliant - if it is, then have autozone or someone like that read the codes.

if not, come back and either someone around here or myself can find the pin-out diagram on the connectors and tell you how to read the codes

posted by  tbaxleyjr

are you sure? i thought 94 was the crossover year, b/c i've run across several 94's that have the obdi connector but not the self diagnostic capability (even if you locate and ground the diagnostic port...)

posted by  dodger65

Yes 1995 was the startup year for OBDII only a few manufacturers have it....you may be thinking of ODBI computers which were prior to that (typically before 1996 with exception of the few that had it in 1995). :mrgreen:

posted by  97Talonchik

Check crank sensor and cam sensor wiring and plugs as they run in behind ac compressor and may have gotten damaged during ac repairs.

gm guy   15 Sep 2012 01:26

Your Message