Burned out turn/brake light 2001 Cavalier

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Burned out turn/brake light 2001 Cavalier

Hey All:

The right rear turn/brake light is burned out, and I have taken out the portion of the lamp where the bulb is set in. My question is how I can get the bulb out of the actual socket? I tried pulling it but I don't know how much stronger I can pull before I break it. Help please.

Thanks,
Richard

posted by  the king

Wiggle and pull. Sometimes you have no choice but to break it then pull out the base with pliers.

posted by  vwhobo

Turn it counter clock wise. Like removing a screw. Some times their sticky.

posted by  djsteve

Don't you need to push in, and twist a quarter turn (or less)?

That's how all mine work.

posted by  BavarianWheels

I think yuo're rigth push in first and all you need is a quarter turn

posted by  djsteve

Please guys, it's nice to try and help but you're not.. I know it's a small thing but you're simply spreading misinformation. The bulb in question is a 3057. There is nothing to "push and turn". If you don't know the correct answer off the top off your head (I do, see my first post in this thread), do some research.

http://www.partsamerica.com/product_images/AAP/SYL/3057.JPG

posted by  vwhobo

Mine was a question. I did no research. I used my own ignorance to make a useless post, but I did make my post score go up one... :laughing:

Boy, it's good to have the hobo back!! :thumbs:

Yessir, I understand yours was a question, sorry if you thought I was talking about you. I was just getting warmed up with all the new spewers of misinformation and you got hit with friendly fire.

posted by  vwhobo

No need to say sorry for pointing out ignorance to me.

It is good to have the professional back. Now I can sit back and live up to my title. :laughing:

Sorry to catch you off gaurd, but a professional I'm not. Apparently my new title is "Redneck Know-It-All Jackass", at least according to one of our less intelligent new members.:mrgreen:

posted by  vwhobo

Hey...will that fit instead of CF @sshole ( :laughing: )?
:laughing: :laughing:

Your Message