Uh oh, help!

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Uh oh, help!

About a few months ago my friend got his first car and showing my appreciation for this event I drew an “inappropriate image” on his dirty hood. Fast forward to now... after a car wash and buff its apparently still there. I feel real bad about it and want to help him get it off. Has this happened to anyone else?

posted by  crownvic4life

what did you draw it with?

posted by  DodgeRida67

did you just use your finger and wipe the dirt to make your picture? because if you did, you probably scratched the paint pretty deep

posted by  mazda6man

I'm sure he used his finger.

Come on!!! What do you think you are doing when you smear the dust and dirt on the paint...your creating fine scratches and can be difficult to remove short of a buffer or some good 'ole elbow grease!!!

Just to let you know...I would've...oh suffice to say I would've been very upset with you!

Tell me about the year of the car, the paint color, the finish...is there still a nice shine to it (over-all)? Is it oxidized? (sp?)

It's possible you may be able to remove the scratches yourself. I hope the car isn't black or red...or any dark color... :doh: :banghead:

posted by  BavarianWheels

yeah i used my finger... ill check tomarrow on what kind of car it is but until then what would you do about this? just throw something out there

posted by  crownvic4life

All I can tell you is that it will take some elbow grease. How much depends on what you tell me about the car tomorrow.

For now...I'm off to :sleep:

Pastel coloured paint mainly on red or blue cars is terrible as it tends to fade (or it does over here anyway, I'm not sure if the compound in other countries is of a better quality?) and allthough people ague the fact, when it fades it's dead paint and nothing short of a new paint job's gonna bring the original colour back..obviously a good colour restorer will restore colour but it'll soon be dull again..My point? if it's faded even slight finger marks show up although it may not be scratched though! It WILL be a mission to remove them..Good luck!

posted by  Cliffy

Yes, I'm sure it has, there are morons all around the world. Essentially anything of this sort is repairable, but I think you would have much more long term "appreciation for this event" if you were allowed to pay for a repaint or at least pay for professional repair.

As a side note, my son was taught before the age of two to keep his mitts of off other peoples cars. Too bad for the world there are so many adults and near adults who still haven't figured out the concept.

posted by  vwhobo

That make two sons...but mine learned from "touching" dad's car... :laughing:

hey good news he got it off by buffing it for like the second time around. thanks for shitting on me first before telling me useless crap.

posted by  crownvic4life

You'll have to excuse vwhobo, hes a major asshole.

posted by  DodgeRida67

You're more than welcome. Always glad to identify the idiots of the world.

Like this one right here as a perfect example. At least he's good at something.

posted by  vwhobo

All I can say is that if anyone so much as lays a hand on my paint on any vehicle I have, they'd get the shit knocked out of them without question. A true car enthusiast would NEVER touch automotive paint with the bare hand. I see it all the time, oh gee man that paint looks soooo good, is it waxed? (RUB RUB with the fingers) I'd like to knock'em into next week. :screwy:

If you took your finger on dirt or dust (OR EVEN FRESHLY WASHED PAINT) and wrote something, the least you did was to carve the message you wrote into the clearcoat if it were clearcoated. You could have EASILY gone through that and ****ed up the base coat as well. If it is minor (i'd only know by looking at it) it should be able to be repaired by CAREFULLY buffing more than likely with a rotary buffer and some LIGHT/MILD abrasive polish such as 3m's FINE CUT rubbing compound then a follow up with 3m's swirl mark remover with an orbital buffer to remove the fine swirls the rotary will put in the finish. I STRESS CAREFULL do this. You will burn that paint in the drop of a hat with the rotary and compound if not careful and judging from you lack of intelligence in the first place to do something such as this to someone ELSE's car, :fu: I would let someone that knows what to do, do it.

This is why I don't take my cars to shows.......some shit-for-brains asshole will come up and put there hands all over them despite the fact that I have signs up saying "touch my paint and you'll lose your hands." OR they'll bring their kids WHY? because a car show is cheap family entertainment. I love going to the new auto show here and just watching people......they'll put the jacket on the cars, hands all over them. Kids climb through them with shoes all over the leather seats. You can just stand there and say, YEAP, look at that asshole, look at that dumbass....I think we should be allowed to shoot them.:banghead:

posted by  cmeseadoin

Your Message