Airbags

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Airbags

I need to know how to remove airbags and if the car works without airbags???

posted by  The Father

If you have to ask the second question, you are in no way qualified to do the first.

By the way, have you ever heard of intoductions or do you always walk into a room full of strangers and blurt out your needs? I'm guessing the world revolves around you.

posted by  vwhobo

I'm not very good in english so introduce myself is a little bit difficult.
And for my second question i'm almost sure the car doesn't work....

posted by  The Father

It seems there is more effort in this last post than there is in posting:

posted by  BavarianWheels

You're going to get in trouble if you keep using logic and rational thought.:roll:

posted by  vwhobo

Why would you need to remove airbags anyway? Yes It'll work without them but removing them is the dodgy part. Manufacturers suggest that you are qualified to do so first because if one of these goes off in ya face whilst you are practically on top of it, it will in most cases parralise you, if not kill you (bear in mind these things expand in a splic second and end up about six times the size of the steering wheel!). Anyway the correct procedure is to first disconnect the battery and leave it for around 30 mins after that I guess it's self explanitary...but I certainly wouldn't advise you go ahead and do it! :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

Thanks for your answer and your advise!!

posted by  The Father

No problem :thumbs: just you be carefull though! was it just a driver airbag?

posted by  Cliffy

And that is exactly why questions like that should remain unanswered. You've given him just enough encouragement and knowledge to go and kill himself... or someone else. And now you want to know more information so you can completely answer the question. Think, type, submit.

posted by  vwhobo

vwhobo..note most of the quoted post!

posted by  Cliffy

So, how can you change light bulb in the dash without remove the steering wheel and the airbag.....i'm not stupid, i will not kill myself. My wyfe will do it!! :laughing:

posted by  The Father

Not all cars require you to remove the steering wheel....please dont kill yaself mate, I was only trying to be helpfull...report back when you have decided what to do, half the time it's easier to get a dealer or garage to do these things!

posted by  Cliffy

A better question would be, why didn't you ask the real question to begin with instead of skirting the subject. Unless you are absolutely 100% sure you understand the workings of the SRS, do not touch the system yourself. You can potentially kill yourself or do expensive damage to your car.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message