Citroen C15 Van Cambelt.

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Citroen C15 Van Cambelt.

I am in the process of changing the cambelt on my Citroen C15 van and have come up against a stummbling block!!

I need to remove the crackshaft pulley - the one that drives the alternator belt - to enable access to the cambelt. I think that the nut holding the pulley on is probably a left hand tread (clockwise to undo) but am not sure. :cussing:

Does anyone know for sure? :clap:

Tnx.

Bob

posted by  R Soles

I guess it depends on which way that engine turns... :laughing:

posted by  BavarianWheels

They are normal thread on those engines (I'm assuming it's the 1.9 Diesel engine?) but they are bloody tight so dont expect an easy jod of it!

posted by  Cliffy

u sure its a normal thread? As the engine spins clockwise looking from the belt side. I know its not going to be easy to get the nut undone, i've already shattered one socket, tight, tight, tight. So i need to be absolutely sure i'm going the correct way.

Thanks for the kwik responses guys.

Starting to go dark here now, so may have to leave it til tomorrow.

posted by  R Soles

I'm as certain a s I can be that it's normal thread just keep trying! what tools are you using?

posted by  Cliffy

Thanks Cliffy,

I shall be using a long knuckle bar and socket with a length of steam pipe over it to give me extra leverage.

I've put the car in gear and got my son to press the brake to stop the engine from turning.

Just hope it comes undone?

posted by  R Soles

No probs mate, let us know how you get on, I'm sure it'll come undone eventually!

posted by  Cliffy

Job done :clap:

A bit of heat on the offending bolt and directly locking the engine at the starter ring did the trick.

Running as sweet as a 'Beemer' now lol. :laughing:

Thanks Cliffy for your help, it gave me the confidence to continue with the job. :thumbs:

posted by  R Soles

Crackshaft (Crankshaft?) "pully"? Are you speaking of the balancer? If so your probably going to need a puller.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Todays 'handy dandy' tip for using a forum;

Read what people are saying before you respond. He is done with the job, seems quite happy with the way it runs and NEVER asked how to get the pulley (or balancer) off, only how to loosen the bolt. Cliffy seemed to handle the job quite well. If this advice was intended to be useful, why didn't you offer it 24 hours ago?

posted by  vwhobo

No problem, I'm glad my advise was of use to ya!

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message