Toyota Tercel 1999

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Toyota Tercel 1999

It hasen't been running for 1 week (temperature was aroun 25 to 32 Farenheit) during this week. This morning, started the car. While i was sitting in it to heat it up, it stalled.
I've tried a couple time to restart it but i won't work. The starter turns, the engine turns but it doesn't wanna start at all. Anyone got an idea?

MauditOstie

posted by  MauditOstie

I do, I do. My idea is that instead of coming on this forum and blurting out your question as though we are your servants, how about introducing yourself. There's even this amazing place called "Introduce Yourself" on this forum.

Beyond that you simply don't give enough usable information to develop an educated guess as to what your vehicular problem is.

posted by  vwhobo

Well you seem a pretty bright and polite guy! Thank you very much for the welcoming word it was so appreciated and very nicely written!! :clap:
I would honestly have prefered no answer at all then some comments like such.
I'm asking for something and that's it! Seems you're having a tough time reading since i'm asking a simple question and you took it as if i was ordering your to give me an answer! I'm asking if anyone got an idea on why a fuel injected would stalled all alone after a couple minuter and would not restart at all. Please spare me with your messages next time! I don't like time consuming persons. :thumbs:

MauditOstie :banghead:

posted by  MauditOstie

Well that makes two of us and now I've wasted about ten minutes of my time on you. You seem to have a bit of an attitude for someone new to the forum. And I read just fine.

So where does that leave us. Well, if anyone here can diagnose your problem it's me. But, because you feel your time is better spent being charming instead of helping me to help you, I hope your car never runs again. Have a nice day.

posted by  vwhobo

Well i would have love to get help but you politeness amazed me! I don't usually have an attitude unless i'm provoked. I might have overreacted a little bit but your welcoming word was kind of responsible of it.

As for being able to diagnose my problem well i'm happy to see you were the one but it would have like a little bit more friendlyness specially from a moderator.
If you can't/don't wanna try to help me well then what can i do! I'll try to get information elsewhere! Thanks anyway and i just hope you guys aren't like that to all new comers... it's not the best impression i got from a site!

Have a nice one anyway.

MauditOstie

posted by  MauditOstie

Please show me where in my first post I said I wouldn't or didn't want to help you. I said you provided insufficient information.

I was polite and friendly and set an expectation for you as a newcomer. The fact that you overreacted is entirely your responsibility, not mine. Sorry if I don't meet your standards.

posted by  vwhobo

Well your servant thing quite made it pretty clear that you wouldn't like to give me any help!
That's why it kinda shocked me! That's all.
If i didn't give you enough information the fine! What more can i tell you! What more would you like to know?

Maudit Ostie

posted by  MauditOstie

Okay. The first thing I want to see is your introduction in the "Introduce Yourself" forum. I'm not even asking for a life story, just a simple introduction like any polite person would give upon walking into a room full of strangers.

posted by  vwhobo

1. When you say it hasn't been running for a week, do you mean it wouldn't run or you just didn't use the car?
2. Did it start nornally this morning?
3. About how long was it running when it stalled. About what was the ambient temperature this morning.
4. When you turn it over does it sound normal or sluggish.
5. Before it stalled did you have any warning lights on such as check engine, charging system, temperature, etc?
6. What is the year, make, model and engine size?
7. Have you had any repairs done to it recently.
8. How many miles are on the car?

posted by  vwhobo

Q:1 - They didn't use the car for about 8 days (they since it's my friends)
Q:2 - It did started normally
Q:3 - About 2 minutes (maybe a little less). Temperature was 34 farenheit, 75% dempness
Q:4 - Sounds Normal
Q:5 - Nope they can't remember seing any lights
Q:6 - 1999 Toyota Tercel, CE 4 door with the standard 4 Cyl engine (1.5l) Q:7 - Nope no repares recently, the car has been bought from a dealer 1 month ago and is still on warranty.
Q:8 - about 35 000 miles

Note i called the garage and the told me to let it rest a couple hours maybe there was too much gas blablabla (i kinda think they tough i was dumb with cars..) anyway
Thanks

Maudit Ostie

posted by  MauditOstie

This is great VWHOBO,

I read through all that other extraneous shit that has been written by our new forum KING in all the previous postings and MY GOD, it seems that "mauditOstie" might FINALLY have gotten the concept of DETAIL presentation when posting a technical question, other than just a "my car won't run" what's wrong with it?" bullshit. :screwy: I'll be DAMNED! Seems as if perhaps some of the "stupids" out there might FINALLY get a clue after you spell it for them. :clap: I am glad the good lord blessed me with more brains than all these people on here for the most part combined.

MauditOstie, let me refer you to a blurb I just wrote the other day referencing this problem you seem to have with comprehension in a nutshell: If after reading this posting you still don't get it and think that you have all the right to come into a place posting non-technical questions and getting pissed off because no one will help you, then :fu:, you're dumb as hell. This is from my reply under the "repairs and maintainance" section for the posting entitled "wheel bearings" referencing a problem with an Oldsmobile Alero. You may want to read it and enlighten yourself. Happy reading!!

((One point that I will make for all you people that think VWHOBO is an asshole and arrogant and that come on here with half-assed postings that then turn around when you get a response that is in your opinion "sub-optimal" and get pissed off is this: Working on a car is totally a technical arena. No one, no matter what level of experience and whatnot can fix or repair anything without the correct information to do it. It can be difficult enough to fix the damn things when you have them in your garage, yet alone listening to some grocery store cashier that does not know shit from shinola about cars describe their problems as, "My car goes tick tick kaboom, please tell me what's wrong!!??" This is a dramatization for the most part, but many of you that post in here supply either NO technical information OR you don't HAVE any information and then you get pissed off because people write you smart-assed replies. I am one to tell it straight up and I believe a good 60% of the population in the USA are morons that should be executed, and if you are one of these people I just described, you fit the build. You would not go to a doctor and tell him, gee, i just feel bad, what is wrong with me? He's gonna ask you 50 million questions that you never answered that you could have already addressed for the most part had you had a clue. So if you are just a ****ing stupid dumbass, then I am going to call your bluff just like VWHOBO does, and I have YET to disagree with anything he's written about or to anyone in here. He's helped me numerous times and he knows what he's doing. He can help anyone if you give him useful information. If you're not smart enough to do that, then don't bother staking your claim in here;no one cares.))

Get the point of perhaps WHY the folks in here that have the knowledge might need to know a little more than the MOST BASIC explaination of the problem "My car wont work, please tell me what is wrong??????" Your introduction to the problem was not worth :2cents: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

posted by  cmeseadoin

Oh and by the way, from the below pasted in note you left in your last posting.....I think that basically sums up this case scenario: You don't know shit about cars and made that clear. :banghead: If a shop told you "to let it rest a couple hours maybe there was too much gas blablabla...." then you clearly misunderstood what they told you and can't even remember the correct details to type in here what they said in the first place, hence the "blah blah blah." :banghead: If you were interested in the REAL problem, you would have listened to what he told you and retained the information so that you could precisely recant the info on here so that we may be able to help you. Seeing as you did not do this, then you're obviously NOT interested. This being the case, please defer from taking up bandwidth in the future and waisting our knowledge and time on helping you because you don't want to help yourself! I guess you are, to use your words, DUMB WITH CARS, and a few other things. Also I would surmise from your posting that you are probably age 16-20 something. :screwy: :screwy:

"The technical" explaination from the tech would have been that by cranking the engine excessively for an extended period of time whereas a "no-start" situation was in place..this may have, in fact, flooded the engine with excess gasoline and therefore, letting it set for a while will allow that problem to slowly disapate so that it will start if it is flooded. If you cannot hang with the big dogs, stay away from here. :clap: :clap:

Note i called the garage and the told me to let it rest a couple hours maybe there was too much gas blablabla (i kinda think they tough i was dumb with cars..) anyway
Thanks

posted by  cmeseadoin

Well i won't start arguing with you since you seems perfectly to mold in the 40% of the so bright persons of the USA!

First i never talked against vwhobo and will not and i cannot tell you if he's good or not since he hasn't helped me yet! He claimed to be able to help me so i'm just happy to hear that!

I just sent a message to see if anyone was ready to help and got a harch answer from him. We explained each other and well i was ok with it and i got his point and understand what he meant so it's over it's done!.
But seems you didn't get the point so please next time stay out of everyone else's business please! If you were really part of this 40% you said, you wouldn't have answer to this thread since you would have got the point that i did something wrong following the forum's unwritten rules and that i tried to fix it! But seems you didn't get nothing from this at all!

And if i put blablabla, is simply because translating from one language to another with car part is not that easy and it doesn't mean i'm dumb with car i just tough it would have been usefull infor to vwhobo!!
How about:
Laisse reposer le char pendant une couples d'heures parce que y doit etre noyé!
If you're so bright you'll be able to translater all that by yourself stie de pousse crote et licheux d'anus!!

Enjoy! Crisse de cave qui connais rien pis qui se sacre le nez pas dans ses affaires...

posted by  MauditOstie

cm, Although I kind of agree with what both you and vwhobo are saying, do you not think you're being a little hard on the poor bloke? I mean for all we know he could have been really nervous about asking in the first place! Not everyone is a technical genious ya know and yes, sometimes people do need a kick up the back side...but TWO posts telling somebody they're thick IMHO aint on..as I said, just my two pence..

posted by  Cliffy

Okay, if the garage you called said to let the car rest for a few hours because there might be too much gas, never ever go to that garage again. That car, like most cars with FI engines, has a "flooded start" mode where you simply hold the accelerator to the floor while cranking. This signals the PCM to not fire the injectors thereby clearing the flooded condition.

Knowing if any lights came came on is fairly critical or at least helpful, but we'll press on without it. Have you checked for spark while cranking? Have you checked fuel pressure? Are you sure it has gas in the tank? laugh if you will but if seen plenty of cars come in on my rollback, no start, no gas, no shit.

The last question I have for you is this. You stated the car is still under warranty, so why not just let the dealer fix it and cut out everyhing in between?

posted by  vwhobo

Heheh i'll have to go back to that $@%$#@%$#@^ garage since it's the Toyota dealer and they are responsible for the warranty!!

To answer your questions: I did knew about the flooded start and i tried it before posting and it changed nothing. The gas tank is about half full with premium unleaded and there are no ice/water in the tank (we've added de-icer in case). Nope, being in client services i know that sometimes the dumbest solutions are often the ones that work so i won't laugh at you for asking and there are sparks while cranking and on 4 cylinders. (i've checked that out last night).

As for the gas pressure, the fuel pump is running, i can ear it and the fuel filter was changed 4 months ago so i'm kinda running out of idea. I've tested the Sparkplug cables, went through some electrical testing to make sure everything was going fine and through all belts and strap to make sure everything was in order. Their is a little burned-silicone smell coming from the PCM box though. So i think that could be our problem.

As for the warranty well it's the 200$ towing fee that's kinda holding us to get it to the garage! So we would like to get it running and then get it to the garage.

If you have any other idea or questions let me know! Thanks for your help! I'll stop arguing with the two previous guys since there not helping at all and seem to think i'm a bloke since i can speak french! Pretty funny guys and well pretty fun forums for any worldwide compainers!!! But they'd have to listen more and read history... Blokes are english native and speaking persons (either french or americains) (sorry vwhobo if you're included in that).

If ever you got an idea for the car anyway let me know!
Have a nice one!

posted by  MauditOstie

Listen Maudit,

I don't give a damn about you and your feelings of hostility when you come into this chatroom. Oh my god, these people are ruuuude to me!! WHO CARES!!!! Get some tougher skin.....you won't make it for five minutes in here otherwise. I made a point to back up VWHOBO and if you think I am an axxhole for it, then have at it s*&tstick. Truth be known, I just called your bluff and that pisses you off. I'm sorry if that upsets you. I am a type "A" all the way to the bank bud and I did not get to the position I am in by putting up with BS. I eliminate it when I see it, AKA, YOU! :clap:

People come into this chatroom all the time posing question that make no sence and take up our time...AND when corrected they say, "oh god you were so rude and I don't appreciate being told that my postings are worthless and I'm offended." I get so sick or dealing with stupid people and I will call them out on it every time. Anyone is welcome to post a message in here for help. I don't think that it is too much to ask for some technical information. What happened to your common sense? Oh wait, It flew out your mouth when you opened it saying your first words! :laughing:

You talk about me being the one with an intelligence problem. Six months ago I just took a professionally administer IQ test and receive a score of 168. Where do you fit in? I guess that is why I am the Asst VP of Technology Operations at age 26 for my company right? I also make over 100K a year. But, I am sure that you do something like medicine or law and do better right? What a joke you are!!! Also, I am not in the business of translating some misc. BS french to english for you in a car technical chat room. First off, there is no real continuity in what you typed in french as far as an english translation. Translate this: :fu:

posted by  cmeseadoin

Wow,

Looks like you are starting to get the hang of this...... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: for Mauditostie. :hi:

posted by  cmeseadoin

You are funny you know that! You made me laugh again (twice today!!)

I don't care about you having 168 of IQ or 68 (since i got 165, 3 pts lower then you)
I'm director of incident and requests and Main Analyst and i don't want to know your salary nor position since you can write anything you want, no one knows for sure except you!

As a director you should know not to spend your time on the net! (since i'm off well i can) but i do beleive you are boss/director somewhere! You're putting your nose were you shouldn't!

And never said you were an asshole, i just said it wasn't of your business that's all but still your are answering ad feeling threatened!

Btw the french i wrote was good! It's only because i used words that you won't find in a commun translator! Cause since i'm bright and you are too (you plead you case), i knew you would like to try and translate it! Gotcha!

Have a nice day anyway!!

posted by  MauditOstie

Oh my...someones anus must be a little sore... :laughing:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Yep! you got the point :) hahahaha

posted by  MauditOstie

First of all this aint a chat room and secondly I dont see where job titles or possition comes into it..wouldn't the world be so much easier if we all learned to get on better?

posted by  Cliffy

I agree Cliffy! I never wanted to start a war! But you know some people get offended for no big deal (like me yesturday and cmeseadoin today)!

MauditOstie

posted by  MauditOstie

You guys and this line of discussion make me laugh. Next thing you know you'll be whipping out your weiners to see who's better hung. Maybe it's because I'm a dumb (IQ also in the 160's), uneducated (not really), redneck (city born and raised), grease monkey (highly qualified automotive technician), businessman who probably makes more than both of you put together (yes, really).

The thing is guys, in your own way you're both right but you're also both wrong, although I will admit I lean toward cmeseadoin's point of view. The biggest stumbling block is you both simply want to be right instead of looking at the other side. I think that's called listening to refute, something you should have both learned about in your management courses if you were awake.

Before you both jump on me, let me say this. My stated point of view is from experience having fallen into this trap so many times before on this forum. The difference is both of you are smart enough to know better, when it happens to me I'm usually the only one who fit's that category. Have a nice day and thanks for the laugh.

posted by  vwhobo

My opinion:

Either get along in helping...or don't. The point has been made about technical information, proper manners, and everything else. I believe from the tone of Maudi, that he came in with a legitimate concern and ignorantly posted it without a proper hello. It seems to me that he tried to mend his mistake with vwhobo, and I think vwhobo would agree (vwhobo can set me straight on this if need be)...but then cmeseadoin took up the torch.

I think this argument should end and the help should begin as this is what we are about. If you want to argue, go to the Import vs. American Muscle thread and tell us about your daddy. I only wish I had the expertise to help out more as it seems to me Maudi is in genuine need and genuinely trying now that he knows "the game."

My opinion.

NOPE, LOL......I don't subscribe to that rule....I look at it like this, there ought to be a bag limit out there on how many dummies you can shoot in a day. The world would be a much better place if we eliminated the lowest common denominator.....we'd have a new standard for comparison in this country. Get rid of all the trash and we might have a better place, but I'll refrain from mentioning any names, no no, wouldn't want to do that.

As for Maudit, I never looked your BS French up in a translator....I am arriving at what I said from the 2 years I took back in high school and the use of context clues. You know, use of the head.

You think I am at work doing this???? LMAO!!!!!! I would not waist my time on you at work and on top of that, I have WAY more important things to do at work than being on here. I do this for fun at home on vacation. It helps me to learn more about things that I may not know much about and I can help others who have a clue and present themselves from the start with a clue. I just am smart enough to know that when I come into something I know little about, I will make sure I present EVERYthing possible so that I don't look like an idiot. The jokes on you ya French hoe bag(if you ARE French).....If so, I bet you are one of those nasty bi*ches with underarm hair and body funk from hell. PISS OFF!

posted by  cmeseadoin

First off I like you BAVARIAN and I honestly agree with you!! I know this has been run into the ground on many levels, but I am having a good time, so...so be it. Maudie, if you read the last posting, indicates "he" is a she! That is totally the problem here! :-O....ut ohhhhhh, can I start another debate, I am FIRED and ready today! :laughing: The only thing that will be sore BAVARIAN when I am done is Maudie's (_o_) after I shove my 8" rod up it. Ya'll be good now ya hea'. She's BEGGIN for it!

posted by  cmeseadoin

haha i do laugh too vwhobo!
As i said i did laugh about it!
Like you i was able to laugh at all that! And i think you made your point and i understand it.

BavarianWheels, i totally agree with you! If that was hockey, cmes would be in dressing room for being the third man with a major miscondict! and i would be with vwhobo for roughing or fighting!

Anyway i just started on the wrong foot and well it got emplified!
I'm putting an end to all this and i'm reading to put a X on all that thread!
I'm not mad at no one (specially not vwhobo since he was kind enough to help me even after a fall start).

cmeseadoin, how but we end that stupid fight and shake hand like man? :thumbs:

posted by  MauditOstie

Hey what's wrong with doing this at work, I'm at work lol..It seems to me that you guys really aught to do one of two things..Either go in to the Jap vs Yank car thread and fight like man! of pick your bloody (I know you love that word lol) rattle's and go your seperate ways!

Edit: 8" Is that all you've got, seems pretty standard for a man of your stamina and get up and go :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

Oh I totally agree with you VWHOBO....I am having a good time with this because what I LOVE is to push people's buttons when I find them..... :laughing: I clearly pissed off Maudie and I love it...... :laughing: My blood pressure never escalated but I guarantee her's did, haha. I guess that is my sadistic side. I could be out doing worse. I have my own private reasons for picking on her anyways, we won't even touch that in here. Behave.

posted by  cmeseadoin

If you think you picked me well i'm sorry man, i laugh my ass out reading your stuff!
And by the way! i'm HE not she! Sorry if you cant tell the difference!

MauditOStie

posted by  MauditOstie

Sure, I was just having fun anyways.....seems you are the one that got offended all easily....so that made me push the offend button more. :hi:
I did mean what I was saying though in my original posting about people coming in with poor info. Seems like you understand that now though, so we'll not go down that road anymore. :thumbs:

posted by  cmeseadoin

Whew!!! Goodness...it only took you three more posts... :banghead:

Well hell MAN/WOMAN,

What's this posting from YOU earlier supposed to mean then:

""Thanks for your help! I'll stop arguing with the two previous guys since there not helping at all and seem to think i'm a bloke since i can speak french! Pretty funny guys and well pretty fun forums for any worldwide compainers!!!""

"........seems to think I am a bloke????" S&^T, you dont know what you are, ahahhahah......asexual? bi-sexual? homosexual? Man? woman? Last I heard a Bloke was the "english" way of addressing a man?????!!!!!

You are not a man, you're a dumb B*tch!! LOL..... AND if you are a man, you're a Eunich who can't speak the english language, HAHHAHA....GODDA*N......seems the joke's on YOU!

I did pick you, we're arguing aren't we? :screwy: You can't hold a candle to my wind!!LMAO

posted by  cmeseadoin

Here we go again... :doh:

But it did seem obvious to me Maudi was speaking of nationality and not gender.

Too soon Bav, too soon :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

Thanks for the clarification Bav!

posted by  MauditOstie

I never saw a gang like that before... You are a newcomer and you get it right in the face at your first post. :clap: I am 100% behind MauditOstie... :thumbs:

cmeseadoin: you probably look to yourself each morning in the mirror. :screwy:

That's all I have to say... and all that without introducing myself. :hi:

posted by  AnotherOne

Um...we're not that kind of forum...you may have to look somewhere else for your "fun." :doh:

LMBO..Dunno, cmes has an 8" rod remember :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

I stand corrected. (Actually, I'll stay seated and not give cmeseadoin any more ideas) :hi:

It seems, AnotherOne, that you have come to the right place... :doh: :laughing:

Yes It's probably for the best...I'd keep your tail pipes covered too....hey, ya never know :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

I don't care... I know that when a man needs to tell everybody that he has a 8" rod it is because, in fact, it is under the average :oops: .

posted by  AnotherOne

Do you know that from experience? Have you been let down in the past?

posted by  snoopewite

You're making my flame count easy. You keep walking into a flame. :doh:

I can only gather that your knowledge of the "fact" stated above, that you have first-hand knowledge. (no pun intended) :laughing: :laughing:

That's two flames in a row :laughing:

posted by  snoopewite

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley-flag/smiley-11106.png

One more (thanks to snoopewite!) :laughing: :laughing:

Here's another one for AnotherOne :laughing:
http://www.ianai.net/jokes/forumpix/YourAFag.jpg

posted by  snoopewite

Yes, you're right. I know that from experience. It was when I was kid, before I made love to a women for the first time. I realized then that the size is not important. It is to the way you use it that makes the difference. :wink2:

posted by  AnotherOne

You took the picture from your own souvenirs... ?

posted by  AnotherOne

Nope... but I can't post anything from my souvenirs because too many risque pictures of 'babes' in these forums are frowned upon.

posted by  snoopewite

I wasn't even aware they made a Tercel in 1999. :banghead:

posted by  Satty101

It seems that everybody in this forum took the same course "How to be self imbued in 10 step."

posted by  AnotherOne

Maybe you should take a course in typing out messages correctly for these forums? "10 step"? What happened to the s?
As for being self-imbued, I remain humble with an annual salary of less than $100, 000 and an I.Q of less than 160 :rolleyes:

posted by  snoopewite

Maybe we can get back to the topic of helping out Maudi?

Look at all this fun being had all because I started it. I am proud to be a sh*tstirrer. :laughing:

Anotherone, would you like an offline picture? I'd hate to make you wet. :hi: LMAO!!!!!!!

posted by  cmeseadoin

Be careful not to step on BavarianWheels toes :laughing:

posted by  snoopewite

Ok, now that we had our all day fun, :laughing:, let's see what we can do for Maudi......

In his last post, he indicated that basically fuel and ignition seemed to be fine. All spark plug wires were checked and the fuel pump was working. That being the case, I would still advise you to check the fuel pressure using a test gauge. You're fuel pump could be running but the pressure getting up past the regulator to the rail could be impeeded. Your pressure regulator "could" be bad.

Remember the follow components that are necessary for a 4 stroke(4cycle) engine that runs: Intake(presence of fuel/air getting into the combustion chamber), compression(req'd to create a volatile mixture out of the gas/fuel mixture), power (pressence of ignition to the spark plugs) and exhaust (relief of combustion bi-products). If you have fuel,compression, and ignition in the absence of an intrisically bad engine via wear or damage as well as a sensor problem/computer problem inhibiting one of the above mentioned items, your engine will fire and run. So look at it simplistically.

Verify that fuel is getting to the plugs by spinning the engine over for a few and then pulling out several plugs and look for wetness. Check the ignition for spark at the plugs which you say you've done. If you are getting fuel and you are getting spark to your knowledge, you may have a more complicate issue. I suggest hooking up the good ole' OBD II data link and seeing if there are any codes such as Crank sensor problems or anything like that which could cause the computer to not fire the ignition system at the right times. Also, you mentioned you did verify the fuel pump running and the ignition spark......you may have a situation where the fuel injectors are not being pulse or the pulse widths are not correct. If you smell the PCM then you MAY have a computer issue and I'd hook up OBD II and find out if you see anything there.

Without having it in front of me, I am temporarily out of ideas.....hope that helps after I was being mean earlier. I was just in a fiesty mood and now that you will give us technical details, I will try and help! :mrgreen:

posted by  cmeseadoin

wow...a 4 page argument...

think this is a new CF record? :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

And I wasn't even involved in most of it. By the way, on my computer it's only two pages. You can change that on the User CP.

posted by  vwhobo

ah ok...although i dont think ill change it - i dont mind it like this

posted by  SuperJew

Your Message