93 v6 xle failing emissions

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  93 v6 xle failing emissions

I recently took my good 'ole 1993 Camry V6 XLE to the inspection place around the corner and had it tested. I was really worried about a cracked light, but it turns out my fears were misguided. When the guy pulled my car of the dyno he told me that it failed because of excessive hydrocarbons. I rolled my eyes and thought 'do you even know what that is.' At this point I was slightly angered due to the fact that I just had $1500 of work done on the engine. It ran like a champ for a while but progressivly got worse. So I took my car back to the place where I had all the work done, which apparently specialized in Toyotas. They told me the code was for the O2 sensor. Trusting them I agreed to have it replaced for market price with no labor costs due to the recent tune up. So they got the part in the next day and installed it, then ran the test. Failed. Well, they sat in the office for 15 minutes looking at books and came back out and told me there was another O2 sensor. So that was another $130, again no labor. So now we're up to a grand total of my cars blue book value. They are sure its going to pass this time; they test it and yet again it fails. So they recommend I leave the car there while they look at and I pay them for their emissions test. Now the guy winked when he said that so I know what that means, but what happens when next year rolls around? So now Im driving an illegally polluting camry that has a month old inspection sticker, and i cant afford a ticket!

Does anyone know what the real problem could be? If you need more info about what was done to the car, I can get the records. FYI low speed (15mph) emissions HC were 252ppm/120ppm and high speed (25mph) emissions HC were 180ppm/120ppm. Im not sure how different these standards are in other states, but I know in Texas they are really strickt.

All help is appreciated. Thanks.

posted by  kccp04

:thumbs:

Without doubt failing an emission test can be a frustrating and potentially expensive problem as "friendly" mechanics scratch their heads and figure out the next repair to add to your invoice.

Check out MPG Technologies, www.getmorempg.com They have an emissions treatment kit that will has been very successful in substantially lowering both HydroCarbons and NOx. Application is easy...In addition to cleaning the pistons and cylinders their product treats the metal with a dry lubricant that will decrease friction, improve gas mileage and increase horsepower.

Official Test Results
Reduced Friction 12.6%
Improved Horsepower 15.5%
Increased MPG 17.5%
http://www.getmorempg.com/pdf/uou.pdf

Approved by the Federal Aviation Administration for use in aircraft, MPG Technologies products have been tested by the US Department of Energy, Franklin Research Group, NASA and Consumer Digest.

"We were skeptical at first, but it turns out that the product does exactly what the manufacturer claims."
Consumer Digest

http://www.getmorempg.com/testing.htm MPG Technologies backs up their claims with testing and offers some revealing information on other products on the market http://www.getmorempg.com/compete.htm

As the primary sponsor of the Long Beach Gran Prix under the LubraLon label their treatment set the pace for the industry. Emissions and fuel treatment significantly reduces toxic emissions. The transmission and gear box treatment can save thousands of dollars on rebuilds.

Racing teams have used a variety of MPG Technologies products! The engine treatment has been tested worldwide by universities, military, government and independent test facilities have shown an increase in Miles Per Gallon, reduced friction, and decreased heat and wear to extend the life of your engine. Test have shown mileage increased by as much as 5 miles per gallon, with climbing fuel prices an increase in MPG is worth checking out!

They have products for Car & Truck, Boat, Plane, Small Engine, Motorcycle, Heavy Equipment, Compressors and a variety of other mechanical engines.

www.getmorempg.com

posted by  LetsGoRodeo

:thumbs:

Without doubt failing an emission test can be a frustrating and potentially expensive problem as "friendly" mechanics scratch their heads and figure out the next repair to add to your invoice.

Check out MPG Technologies, www.getmorempg.com They have an emissions treatment kit that will has been very successful in substantially lowering both HydroCarbons and NOx. Application is easy...In addition to cleaning the pistons and cylinders their product treats the metal with a dry lubricant that will decrease friction, improve gas mileage and increase horsepower.

Official Test Results
Reduced Friction 12.6%
Improved Horsepower 15.5%
Increased MPG 17.5%
http://www.getmorempg.com/pdf/uou.pdf

Approved by the Federal Aviation Administration for use in aircraft, MPG Technologies products have been tested by the US Department of Energy, Franklin Research Group, NASA and Consumer Digest.

"We were skeptical at first, but it turns out that the product does exactly what the manufacturer claims."
Consumer Digest

http://www.getmorempg.com/testing.htm MPG Technologies backs up their claims with testing and offers some revealing information on other products on the market http://www.getmorempg.com/compete.htm

As the primary sponsor of the Long Beach Gran Prix under the LubraLon label their treatment set the pace for the industry. Emissions and fuel treatment significantly reduces toxic emissions. The transmission and gear box treatment can save thousands of dollars on rebuilds.

Racing teams have used a variety of MPG Technologies products! The engine treatment has been tested worldwide by universities, military, government and independent test facilities have shown an increase in Miles Per Gallon, reduced friction, and decreased heat and wear to extend the life of your engine. Test have shown mileage increased by as much as 5 miles per gallon, with climbing fuel prices an increase in MPG is worth checking out!

They have products for Car & Truck, Boat, Plane, Small Engine, Motorcycle, Heavy Equipment, Compressors and a variety of other mechanical engines.

www.getmorempg.com

posted by  LetsGoRodeo

Your Message