blinker problem.

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  blinker problem.

my right turn signal blinker is blinking almost 3 times faster than my left signal. is there anyway to fix it to make it at the same pace as my left blinker? this is really annoying because of the noise it makes when it blinks so fast.

posted by  kimimaru

whenever mine or any of my family's cars do this, it means that a light/signal is out somewhere on the vehicle. So check to make sure that all of your lights are working and not burned out or something.

posted by  chris945

Your blinker fluid is low.

posted by  ChrisV

http://kalecoauto.com/images/BlinkFluid.jpg

posted by  vwhobo

all the lights work fine. just my right blinker is working much faster. LMFAO blinker fluid........

posted by  kimimaru

check all the bulbs...

posted by  windsonian

you beat me to it!

posted by  dodgerforlife

i highly doubt all your lights work fine might wanna check again.

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

I am having the same problem with a 98 caviler but my left rear turn signal is not working but I have changed the bulb and it still doesn't work. My left turn signal also blinks fast.

posted by  dant

I just fixed the same problem on my truck. First I found the light that wasn't working. (Rear one) I replaced it but no go. I then replaced the circuit panel that the lights plug into and presto it was fixed.

posted by  TexTruck

do you mean the socket that the bulb plugs into?

posted by  dant

any one have the answer?

posted by  dant

does the brake light or tail light work? could be a broke wire somewhere

posted by  dvdrose18

only other thing would be a busted timing circuit... i'm guessing they're either a chip or built into the relay ... not sure as I've never had to change one myself.

posted by  windsonian

tail light is fine it is just the turn signal that doesn't work

posted by  dant

just turn your music up really loud so you can't hear it

posted by  greg985

Might need a blinker fluid flush. Some people just top up their blinker fluid, but don't realize that it gets contaminated and must be replaced every 2 years or 40,000 km.

posted by  Mathew

You might want to check the turn signal bulb in the Front of the car. If that doesn`t help try unscrewing the turn signal lever and check the air pressure in the switch itself

posted by  talon699

Your Message