96 honda passport knock at low rpm

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  96 honda passport knock at low rpm

i have a 96 honda passport 3.2l it has 109k on it and it has a loud knock at low rpms after the engine is running above 2000 rpm the noise goes away any help can not pin point where sound is coming from

posted by  Bladerunner1982

Umm yea, the sound is coming from the engine :screwy:
But try some Castrol GTX high mileage, I put it in my grandma's Voyager and it basically stopped it so try that first :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

have try high milage oil and all the additives in the world nothing seems to help

Hmm, correct me if I'm wrong guys but I'm goin to say something to do with the fuel and not getting enough?

posted by  99integra

i have had someone tell me it is the timing belt being losse but i have never herad that before iand i wouldhate to tear in to the engine and it not be that

That's not much info to go on, but... The 3.2 is notorious for having floppy timing belts at around 100k miles. This is normaally caused by owners not properly maintaining the engine properly because "Hondas last forever". Of course it's really an Isuzu so that doesn't wash.

Anyway, get someone who is qualified to isolate the problem to look at it soon. If I'm right and you drop or break the timing belt, you'll bang all the intake valves, and that equals $$$$$.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message