Help with Front Brake Caliper

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Help with Front Brake Caliper

:banghead: Trying to remove the front brake caliper on a 92 Buick Regal. Just purchased the car and need to get a kink out of the brake hose. Are the bolts left hand threaded? I can't seem to budge the hex nuts even with a breaker bar. Any suggestions? I have sprayed them many times with PB Blaster but i don't want to get it on the rotor or pads.

posted by  ltbspruce

I know you didn't mean to jump into a "room" and ask a question without saying "hello" in the Introduce Yourself thread...right? :mrgreen:

Welcome nonetheless. :thumbs:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Sorry to be impolite. I was born the son of an auto worker in the 1950's and have woked with him on mant cars as I grew up, yada, yada, yada. I just purchased this 92 Buick for my teenager to drive but it needed a little work to pass inspection.

LTB Spruce

posted by  ltbspruce

That's your introduction? "yada yada yada??" ...done in this room and not IY. Seems more like a mock to the request to me. We're a....friendly bunch, but damnation! :banghead:

posted by  cmeseadoin

Nah, didn't think you wanted to hear my life story here in this list. Just wanted you to know that I am not some uppie who can't fix my car 'cause it's broke. I am one of many unemployed americans trying to save some dough and keep my family intact.

LTB Spruce

posted by  ltbspruce

I understand that......trust me I do everything I can for myself for as long as I can. No worries there.. :smoke: You got that caliper off yet. I am not havnig luck finding a schematic of that calliper. Do the bolts that hodl it on have a torque bit head, an allen-like head or are they regular hex driven ones? :driving:

posted by  cmeseadoin

Thanks, I was searching for a diagram but I couldn't find one either. I need to get a book. I finally got the bolts loose. It ended up being a regular hex head bolt with a rubber boot between the caliper and the caliper frame. Never had a front wheel drive before and it scared me when the rotor just slid off after the caliper came off :clap: :thumbs:
LTB Spruce

posted by  ltbspruce

Oh yeah, I love those......easiest kind to work on when the rotor is that easy to get off. Glad you got it taken care of! :smoke:

posted by  cmeseadoin

Your Message