Check eng light on

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Check eng light on

I am going to do a diagnostic test on my kia sephia because the cel is on and it is running rough. If it shows I need the fuel injectors cleaned (seems to be a common problem) is there any chance fuel injector cleaner will solve the problem? Or will I need to fork out the $ to have them cleaned? Also, to do the test do I just plug the tester into the diagnostic port while the car is running?

Thanks

posted by  kelleyrichard

1. Why are you spamming the same basic question (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=17994) over two different threads? This does nothing to motivate people to help you and usually confuses the matter.

2. There is not now, nor has there ever been a DTC that tells you to clean your injectors.

3. If you don't know how the proper procedure to "plug in the tester", then you sure as hell don't know how to use it, so you won't have any idea what the datastream is telling you anyway. Additionally, according to your other thread you don't even know where the DLC is located.

4. Like it or don't (and I'm sure you won't and will respond with some indignant reply), from everything I've read in your two posts, the smartest and most economical thing for you to do is to have a competent technician diagnose, isolate and repair your car.

posted by  vwhobo

Probably because I told them it was actually a more appropriate question for Repairs/Maintenence section.

posted by  97Talonchik

One of the few things you've ever gotten right when giving advice.

posted by  vwhobo

Blah blah blah.

posted by  97Talonchik

That right there is the most lucid post you've ever made. Good job.

posted by  vwhobo

I found the port to plug it into. It took someone 5 seconds to explain the procedure for plugging it in and getting the code. Found out 1 cylinder was not firing. Changed the plugs, and it runs great now. I hope posting things like that makes you feel better about yourself.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

posted by  kelleyrichard

Your Message