92 lebaron not getting fuel?

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  92 lebaron not getting fuel?

We try and turn the car over except it never gets fuel. You can hear the fuel pump make buzzing noise in gas tank.

The car was running fine for a while before it sat with no noticeable performance problems until one day it wouldn't start in a parking lot.

Do I assume at this point its the fuel pump and just replace it and go from there?

We already replaced the relay and that didn't do anything.

Is it possible this model has some kind of fuel safety cutoff thats been engaged? I can't find anything about it in the haynes manual

Thanks!

posted by  damac

Damac, two tips for a good experience on this site.

1. Your first stop should be at the "Introduce Yourself" board so you can introduce yourself. Wouldn't you find it rude if someone you've never seen before just waltzed up to you and started asking for help? I thought so.

2. Your vehicle information and decription of the problem is in a word, crap. The clearer and more concise you are, the better our chance is to help you out.

The ball is in your court. Have a nice day.

posted by  vwhobo

goodluck getting it to work

posted by  lebaronfreak

OK OK
Most cars with fuel injection have a schraeder valve on the fuel rail.

if you think you are not getting fuel, get a fuel pressure gage (100 psi range) and connect it to the schraeder valve and measure fuel pressure.

if the filter has not been changed within the past 30000 to 50000 miles, do that anyway before testing

If you dont see 35-45 psig key on engine off, 30-40 psi key on engine running and 35 - 45 psig key on, engine running, vacume hose @ fuel regulator disconnected and plugged two things could be happening -low pressure - blocked fuel supply line ot bad fuel pump high perssure blocked return line, erratic pressure - fuel regulator

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Your Message