reset engine trouble light

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  reset engine trouble light

I cleaned my 97 Corolla engine with a degreaser only to get some water in the distributor. I dried it and the engine runs fine except the engine trouble light is on. How do I turn it out or what do I do to get it turned off?

posted by  mustang

The first step to getting any question answered on this forum is to go to the "Introduce Yourself" section and use it.

If the check engine light is on and the only reason is because of water in the distributor, no doubt causing a random multiple misfire DTC P0300, it will reset itself after three consecutive drive cycles without any further discrepency. However the possibility exists that there is a different problem such as knocking off a vacuum hose or something of that nature. If the MIL doesn't reset in a few days you need to have the vehicle scanned and diagnosed by a competent technician.

posted by  vwhobo

just put black tape over the light it doesnt matter if its running ok

posted by  AutoPro

here in new york we have to inspect our cars, skippy.

posted by  carls47807

then take out the bulb skippy what are you dumb

posted by  AutoPro

You are the stupid one. Reviving threads that died years ago, throwing around stupid ass ideas, 34 posts in day and I'm sure there will be another 30 by the time the day is over. Go quit life.

posted by  Benson

your the stupid one skippy taking out the lite will make it not come on and if it runs ok then its fixed

posted by  AutoPro

Then why's the light there in the first place? By what you're saying, all problems are obvious and can be spotted immediately, why does there need to be a check engine light?

posted by  jedimario

dont be stupid skippy i know how to fix everything

is the bitch with the long hair your boyfriend

posted by  AutoPro

Tell me one true thing about cars and I will believe you...

Homosexuality jokes are one of the lowest forms of jokes ever...and they usually suggest something about the person making them :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

if i know what a 400 trans is and you dont whos the stupid one now

come on smart guy tell this man whats wrong with his car

maybe your to busy braiding your hair bitch

have you ever worked ona car i do every day

posted by  AutoPro

Your Message