Civic Motor

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Civic Motor

I drive a 96 Civic LX. Just recently the front passenger window button wont work. A friend suggested the motor is burnt out. Any estimates on what it's going to cost to be fixed. Or where I can get a part to fix it myself?

posted by  SyntheticTrust

Really all depends where you go, but I'd suggest taking it to someone, that door panel be a bitch to take off and put back on, not to mention trying to put everything back together correctly :doh:

posted by  99integra

yeah just give up now, you wont be able to do it....what kind of attitude is that steven. you said the button wont work does that mean you can still control the window from drivers seat or what?

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

I took the door in my moms 97 civic apart before. look online or ask a dealer for the part, then take a few pix and send me by email and i will tell you step by step how to take it off. hardest part was the bottom, but only took a small struggle.

posted by  newyorker

Eh, I give up easily

posted by  99integra

I like how everyone's treating this like it's something in the door panel. She said NOTHING to imply that.

So, first off, we need to know a couple things;

1. Is it the button on the driver's panel that won't control the passenger window?

2. Do you hear the motor trying to roll down the window?

And then, we can go from there.

posted by  Godlaus

EXACTLY, we have nto even confirmed yet that it is the window motor, her friend simply suggested it by not even looking at it and assuming off of what she said. Also don't go to a dealer for aprts they RAPE you, and not in a good way. Once you CONFIRM what it is then mostly look on ebay I got a window motor for my 94' firebird on there for something like 30$ shipped. Dealership. Alot more.

posted by  Pythias

Might be the switch assembly or just a bad wire :2cents:

posted by  newyorker

It could be less than just a bad motor all together. You might have some bad connections so I would have someone check that out first. If it does end up being the motor, you can just go to Auto Zone or something.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Take the door apart and check the wiring. Check the switch, motor, etc.etc. Did you say you hear the engine struggling to pull the window up or down?

posted by  newyorker

i'm not sure on this but i don't think autozone sells parts like that, they do more powertrain parts than body parts.

posted by  carlos

OR the dealer directly. Autozone doesnt really carry parts like that, at least it seems so when I walk into the store.

posted by  newyorker

You obviously missed my post i never said it was a problem in the door

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Your Message