'94 Jetta Stereo Power

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  '94 Jetta Stereo Power

I bought a used car with no stereo so naturally I had to put one in. When I did, the stereo gets no power. I checked every fuse I think matters to this situation. I've installed other stereos before but this is the first time I don't have power.

P.S. I am connecting the Battery & Ignition Wires.

posted by  Reality

Let me look into my crystal ball. I can see that you're doing something wrong and that's why it won't work. I can also see that you haven't provided nearly enough information for anybody to be able to help you. Wait, wait... I can also see that you're going to be offended by this post and bitch at me because YOU aren't willing to help yourself. Hell, you didn't even ask a question.

posted by  vwhobo

is it a new radio?
or one ya found in an alley

posted by  windman

Why would I be pissed at someone going out of their way to help me, a stranger on the internet? As for more information, It's an Awia stereo, it doesn't seem to be getting power even though I'm sure I wired it properly, the car has no other electrical problems, and the car battery has a good charge. I'm not sure if this was the information you were looking for but its all I can think to post. My question was if there was anything I could be fundamentally missing that could cause the stereo to not get power.

Its a new radio that I know works because I had it in my old car.

posted by  Reality

have you checked to make sure the power wires you hooked up actually have power?
forget to connect a ground perhaps?

posted by  windman

Logic tells you that if it's wired properly and doesn't work, the head unit is at fault. How did you determine which wire to use for memory power, switched power, and ground, not to mention speaker wiring? Did you use a test light/DVOM or just guess. Vehicle wiring harness wire colors used? I can install them all day, but I can't see your car or what you've done inside the dash. In my experience, this sort of problem is usually caused by no/bad ground.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message