Engine Swap?

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Engine Swap?

Well I had a crazy idea the other day. I was gonna put a bigger motor in a geo. No I don't got the geo yet... But hang with me. I was thinking a Geo Metro. Well I started reading up on the stuff, Then I seen you could put a Honda CRX motor in it. Is this true? Cause if it is I think I just might put one in the metro for Shits and giggles. Well if you could please email me or post reply. Just let me know if there is any special things u need.. Or whatever... Thanks!

:thumbs:

posted by  Tragic Thoughts

The first special thing you need is to go to the "Introduce Yourself" section and introduce yourself. Then we can talk cars.

posted by  vwhobo

Ok, Sorry about that.. I posted in there now... Thanks

Where did you see that you can put a CRX engine into a Metro? Wherever it is, that would be the first person I'd ask. I'm also assuming you want to install the engine, unless you just want to install the starter motor or maybe the wiper motor. Using proper terminology will also be a step in the direction of being taken seriously.

posted by  vwhobo

I'll try to find the link to it. :smoke:

With enough time, effort, and money (gotta remember the money) any motor can be put in any car. I've seen a sunshine yellow Metro with a blown 350, TH 400, and a 9" on 20" slicks. It was at a car show about 3 years ago. came in on a trailer, loped into its spot, shut it off, started it up, loped it back to the trailer, and took it home. It was an impressive, if not impractical, sight.

Justin

posted by  Hoxviii

Vwhobo,

I think we've all gotten more than we needed to of this one with respect to the little story Tragic shared with us in the other room. I now understand why the logon is "Tragic Thoughts," .....that pretty much sums him up totally!

posted by  cmeseadoin

Your Message