Want to Manualy Close the Windows

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Want to Manualy Close the Windows

I have a '93 Tempo GL whose driver side window won't close (it will open though). I'm pretty sure it needs a new motor, but since its winter here and I hope to get a new car by spring I'm not concerned with replacing it. What I would like to know is if there is a way to manualy close the window? I have the door panel off at the moment but I'm a bit lost as to what to do next. Thanks

posted by  NSHN

will it not go up with a lil help?
push the button and help it up?
if not you will have to drill out the rivets or grind off the heads
remove window regulater and jam a board under it to hold it up till you get a new motor
sounds a little redneck i know but thats about all you can do

posted by  windman

I tried to do that, wouldn't work. I'll try agian but I hope there is an easier fix then that drilling bussines.

posted by  NSHN

then your only option is to drill or gring the rivets off and remove regulator/motor

posted by  windman

The sunroof on my car does the same thing, but I can get it to close by pushing the button repeatedly about 100 times. Try pushing the button really fast and see what happens.

Also, if you know how to take your door apart, check all the contact points on the switches. If there is corrosion (greenish stuff), then it could just be causing a bad connection. Get some sand paper and sand it off. Might not be the motor, considering it goes down.

posted by  Mathew

true it may be just bad connections but ive always had to remove the motor so be able to do anything to it
not much room in there do do anything
if you can reach the connector thats where to start

posted by  windman

I mean connections on the window switches, those are pretty easy to get at. Its not uncommon for water to get down there and corrode the metal.

posted by  Mathew

Your Message