2002 Nissan Sentra Help

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  2002 Nissan Sentra Help

Alright...my dad offered to give me money if I can fix his horn...so I figured easy money lol. When you try to honk the horn, nothing happens. I'm thinking a new fuse, but don't know, and there's probably a bunch of things it could be, but what would be the most likely ones?...And keep it simple please, I'm not too knowledgeable (sp?) on this :doh:

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

EDIT: The spring coil assembly under the airbag seems to be the problem according to my dad, but a new one is $200, so is there another way to do it?

posted by  chris_knows

*BUMP* :laughing:

So no one knows the answer? :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

guess not

posted by  jedimario

PM the Hobo lol (and everyone else who's usually in the R&M section).

posted by  car_crazy89

I guess it couldn't hurt :mrgreen:

posted by  chris_knows

What's an air bag got to do with a horn? Surely you have a cheapy multimeter to check if you are getting voltage to the horn?

posted by  Wally

A multimeter I have (from a failed robot project :laughing: ), but where do the leads go?

posted by  chris_knows

well?

posted by  windman

well, you put the positive spike on the positive cable and the negative spike on the negative cable (both of which connect to actual horn itself), then press the horn, if you register voltage it should be about 12 volts...

posted by  Mk3golfer

A more experienced member is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, but I would be careful about using a multimeter around an airbag...

posted by  Mathew

He decided to just get a button on the dash, and rig it to the horn...Thanks for the help everyone though :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

Your Message