92 eagle talon tsi tranny trouble

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  92 eagle talon tsi tranny trouble

i accidentally posted this in the asian imports secion instead of here...sorry bout that....well, here goes....

i am looking to buy a 1992 eagle talon tsi for a good deal. it is an automatic transmission, but has an unknown problem. it tends to shift late. between 1st and 2nd gear it shifts at 4000rpm, and it wont shift into high gear untill 47mph, at 4500rpms. i am just wondering what you all thought of what it might be. i did some research and have found that it could be the tourque converter. any ideas??

posted by  Tooyoung225

Exactly how god of a deal is this. Whats the price and milage? Whats the overall body interior nad mechanical conditoon of the car. If you count it up, it could work well in your favor, or well against you.

posted by  newyorker

well he wants about $1500 for it. the body and interior are nearly perfect. the car has 163000 miles on it, but the engine had a top end rebuild about 40000 miles ago. it has a new exhaust, k&n air filter, and some other small stuff. runs nearly perfect, minus the transmission problem. no smoke, doesnt burn iol, etc. it was VERY well taken car of. so, with that said...any idea about the tranny problem?

posted by  Tooyoung225

I dont know about trannys that much (well actually pretty much nothing at all), but I wouldnt buy a car with that many miles especially after it had a rebuild. That means there were problems with it, and they could have translater to the trans. That might turn into something else. The price is good for a Turbo car, but its not sometihng I would do. Only cars I would but with that many miles are BMW and Nissan Maxima, Acura integra, and anytihng else that was made outside of the US.

posted by  newyorker

more useless drivel

posted by  windman

Yea you just posted some of it. Someone seeking help isnt useless, so if you dont want to help, then dont comment. :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

and i suppose you are gonna say anything in this thread you posted is helpfull?
my god how dilusional can one kid be?

posted by  windman

Certainly more useful than your useless posts on "useless drivel"

posted by  newyorker

...i just asked a simple question...so unless you are gunna help me, i would rather not see you go back and forth about eachother not helping...b/c accually i still havent heard anything about what the problem could be.

posted by  Tooyoung225

Your Message