major problems

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  major problems

i bought a 92 goe metro and it ran fine for about two weeks. It makes a chirping noise but i think i know what it is, thanks to another forum. But a couple days ago i accidently put it into 2nd gear instead of drive and i didn't hear the motor revving up because of my stereo and it hit fifty five and has been messing up ever since. It runs real bad and whenever i stop it spits and sputters. It seems like it doesn't have any power and takes forever to get up to speed. can anyone help me.

posted by  pimtro

Turn your stereo up louder now and you'll never notice it. Good job. :thumbs:

posted by  vwhobo

when you realise that you have ruined your car, get a new one and take out the stereo....

posted by  Mk3golfer

hey look i need help not stupid coments

posted by  pimtro

Thats the help you get when you do dumb shit. Get a new trans, or for that car, a whole new car because replacing the trans isnt worth it.

posted by  newyorker

its not the trans i had it checked out it is in the moter

posted by  pimtro

So if they checked it out and told you "is in the moter", what did they say wrong with it?

posted by  vwhobo

Hey, I reved my Accord up way too high on accident once, and it had the same problems you'r describing, except that it also shook alot. One of the spark plugs caps had come off and after I put it back, everything was fine. Check your spark plug wires.

posted by  jedimario

whats classified as RPM's being to High?? 5000 +?

posted by  Erdrickk

sounds to me like you bent a valve or two if thats the case then just junk it, you can do a compression test to check the condition of the cyl.

posted by  carlos

Bent valves? How do you propose he did that? Neither the 1.0 or the 1.3 are interference engines, so it would have had to experience some extreme valve float to make contact. Furthermore, even at 70mph that engine is only turning 4000 rpm in second gear, well within the safe operating range for the valvetrain. I can't wait to heae your explanation.

posted by  vwhobo

thanks for all the help. im fed up with the car and trading it for a crx

posted by  pimtro

lol...don't think that revving the engine did anything bad to it...your ECU should have a rev limiter in it so it will just shut down if it goes past the red line. I have put my '92 Geo Tracker at the red line(6500) a couple of times and nothing has gone wrong. Just do a compression test on the engine cuz those Geo engine like to have a dead cylinder in them due to an exhaust valve getting either oval or bent. If you don't know how to redo the head yourself then don't bother doing it because you will pay wayyy to much

posted by  Golddragoner

Your Message