1991 Camaro will not start -- HELP

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1991 Camaro will not start -- HELP

:banghead: I have a 1991 Camaro RS with a 5.0 Auto. I got the car a few months ago. The engine has been rebuilt. It started by running rough when cold and when the engine got to running temperature, if keep driving, it would act like it was missing on one or two cylinders. I checked the codes and got bad MAP sensor and EST problem. I changed out the MAP and it ran better when cold. Then it started getting harder to start, when it did start it had a very sluggish acceleration, until it would not start. Since then I replaced the spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap, distributor rotor, pick-off coil in the distributor, electronic spark control module and the coil. The only thing I haven't replaced yet is the ECM. Is there any way to check out the ECM before I replace it with a non returnable module. Could there be anything I have over looked that could keep the engine from starting. The cylinder pressures are 150 psi +/- 5 psi. The spark is so weak it will not fire my timing light. I put a test plug on each cylinder grounded to the block to see the spark and it is very weak. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. :2cents:

posted by  Jolantru

Have you checked the starter? Just asking as you did not mention it in your post.

posted by  97Talonchik

might need some of this (http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17) to get that spark flowing again. :laughing:

posted by  adamc44

your computer generally won't keep it from sparking... have you checked your fuel pressure?

posted by  dodger65

Your Message