Good Brakes?

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Good Brakes?

Okay, after purchasing my coilovers and strut bars I was thinking the next best addition would be some good brakes(No reason to go fast if you can't stop). I drive a 1994 Integra, what brakes do you think would be best for a street car that I'm slowly modding for street performance, and weekend racing? I'm willing to pay for quality.

posted by  Integra_LS

exactly how much are you willing to spend? $3000? if yes, get a good set of Brembro's.. 13 or 14 inch rotors and 4 or 6 pot callipers... if not answer and i'll offer more suggestions... :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Woah, sorry I havn't been on for awhile, spring break :-). I had the coilovers and struts put on my car, I have it sitting at a 1 1/2 inch drop. I've noticed a major handling improvement, the struts really seem to make my car seem super solid. Now back to the brakes. I was thinking about brembo, because everyone I've ever known to have them has never had any problems. I'm looking for a brake that would be good for the street, but also good if I ever decided to try autocross(Long long way off...). Right now I'm looking into the brembo, does the tire/wheel have anything to do with what kind of brakes you need? Right now I'm thinking about replacing my 17's with 18's and adding Nitto Neo-Gen rubber. So, basically I'm looking for good street brakes, that would be great in the corners of a turn if I was ever to race, that would work the best with 18's. Brakes are probably the part of the car I know the least about... Any help would be greatly apreciated. Also, I am willing to spend up to 2500$ I'm putting the best suspension and brakes on my car(in my oppinion "best") as I can afford before I make any engine major engine mods.

Thank you. :thumbs:

posted by  Integra_LS

When you buy brakes, the thing to look for is how they handle heat. Fade is what you're looking to protect against. If you're looking to lower stopping distances, your rubber will make more of an impact than your brakes will.

posted by  Sonreir

JMHO, I have friends that have spent extreme money to put awesome brakes on their cars, some even being classic cars and muscle that had really bad brakes to begin with. When they were done they said it just wasn't worth it. I have driven a couple of the classic musclecars that my mechanic friend put new brakes on and they don't differ enough from my 442 to really make me wanna spend any money. Just a thought, make sure it's really worth it. :2cents:

posted by  72Cutlass442

442, Nice car. My dad owns one, not quite what year, I'm thinking 65-66 smokes the sh!t out of my Integra :banghead:

Please I could really use input from some people that have installed aftermarket brakes.

posted by  Integra_LS

Your Message