00 Plymouth Neon overheat

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  00 Plymouth Neon overheat

Hi!
I am new to the forum and i have a problem with my 2000 Plymouth Neon with 72000 mileage.
The problem is that it overheats. I got the water pump, timing belt, thermostat changed. Its also been checked for leaks, any radiator or temperature gauge disfunction and everything seemed to be working fine. My service told me that the only thing that was left was the head gasket and he said they would have to remove it and check it for any cracks. He said it might not be the head gasket but it was better off if it was checked. I just wasnt sure if he was just trying to rip me off or not, since it was pretty pricey. I was just wondering if there could be any other reasons for it to overheat.

The overheating problem started after i got my oil changed for the first time. I was wondering if this has anything to do with overheating.

Thank you very much in advance for all your help.

posted by  Yeto

Go to "introduce yourself" and tell us about yourself first, then we can begin to solve you car problems...Nothing personal but we like to know who we are talking to...! :wink2:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Your Message