steering wheel question

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  steering wheel question

i have a 94 blazer and i was wondering if there is any way to take off the steering wheel with out a steering wheel puller?

posted by  Bryankx03

I was wondering if you would walk into a room full of strangers and blurt out a question expecting help. Go find the "Introduce Yourself" section and use it. That is the first step in getting assistance.

posted by  vwhobo

ok i did that can i get help?

posted by  Bryankx03

Not if you don't want to damage something. If this is a one time deal you can buy a puller for under $10.

More importantly, refresh my memory, doesn't your truck have an airbag in the steering wheel? I believe it does. If you're unfamiliar with the SRS removing your steering wheel at best can cause expensive damage to your truck and at worst can be deadly.

posted by  vwhobo

no it does not have a air bag i just need to get it off to take out the ignition to put a new on in

posted by  Bryankx03

Get a puller and remove it correctly. Going half-assed will only lead to costly repairs later and end up biting you on the ass. Like VW said, they are not expensive. You are trying to replace the ignition switch? Are you sure that the wheel has to come off that GM column for that?

posted by  cmeseadoin

how else would you get it out?

posted by  Bryankx03

Are you sure it doesn't have an air bag? it seems very unusual for a car of that standard in 1994 not to have one!

posted by  Cliffy

im positive it doesnt have an air bag

posted by  Bryankx03

Ok then...pull away lol

posted by  Cliffy

Um, Bryan aren't you the one that was asking that question in your original posting? I've just explained that I would get a puller and pull it off correctly not trying to do it any other way. So interpretation is up to you.....if you want to attempt to come up with a way to pull it other than this, have at it, you'll probably damage something and cost yourself more money and time trying to do that. The only way I see to do it is the right way with a puller.

posted by  cmeseadoin

Your Message