intercooler

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  intercooler

i am just starting to do up the engin on my car and i just got a turbo for it...and i was wonderin does and intercooler repalce the rad or not..,

posted by  mx3_4u2nv

no, you have both of them

posted by  mazda6man

If U don't know the diference U better skip the turbo. the turbo can do some damage BUT they make a $500 beat a $10,0000+ car if you can keep the heads on it . a fee years back I took a turbo out of a 1.5 leader, the inter coller was audi and put it on a conquest 2.5 l got 35# boost first a ferrarrie testaverty got blasted Bad but was imbaersing a 10 cyld chrysler when i blew 2 spark plug through the hood.

posted by  jireman

1. This thread is three years old.

2. Huh? What did you say?

posted by  vwhobo

anything after 21 pounds of boost would be a little hard to acheive would it not, and i think he said something about blowing 2 plugs in the hood, this i assumed was new slang

plugs=gang members
hood=well im sure most cities have a hood. We used to just call it the bad side of town.

I don't know i could be wrong.

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

I'll use my vast brain power to make this understandable:

If you don't know the difference, between a radiator, and intercooler, it wouldn't be a bad idea to learn a little more until you get a turbo. The turbo can damage your engine, but they can make a $500 car beat a car going for over $10,000 (not sure what money has to do with speed). If you can keep the engine from blowing up. A couple of years ago, I got a turbo from a car with a 1.5 Litre engine, and an intercooler from an Audi. They were placed on a 2.5 Litred Plymouth Conquest. I was able to get 35 P.S.I. of boost. I raced a Ferrari (Testarossa?) and I beat it, but it was embarassing when racing a 10 cylinder Chrysler, and I sent two spark plugs flying out through the hood :screwy:

I call BS if that's what it meant

posted by  chris_knows

Please say away from automobiles.

posted by  nsupra27

Just more incoherent drunk/stoner ramble...no need to pay any attention.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Your Message