93 MX6 6 cylinder, Interference or Non-Interference?

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  93 MX6 6 cylinder, Interference or Non-Interference?

I have an oppourtunity to purchase a 93 MX6 6 cylinder with a broken belt chain for a small amount of money. I was wondering if the 6 cylinder was an interference engine and are all the valves probably bent? The price is very cheap and I am hoping I may just need to replace the belt. Any help would be greatly appreciated........you can also email me at Cantesoleares@aol.com once again, thanx.

posted by  Cantesoleares

Yes it is an interference engine so... Replacing the belt will be cheap, repairing the rest of the damage won't be. Unless you can get this car for essentially nothing AND do all the work yourself, I suggest you steer clear of it.

posted by  vwhobo

After a bit more intensive research I found a chart that said that the 93 mx6 4cylinder was an interference engine while the 93 mx6 6cylinder was not an interference engine, but the last post said that the 6cylinder was in fact an interference engine....any second opinions?

posted by  Cantesoleares

I stand corrected. For some reason I had four cylinder stuck in my head until I read your second post. The V6 is in fact a non-interference engine.

posted by  vwhobo

Thank you very much for your help. Ive had my eye on this car for a few weeks and was scared the internals had been damaged as a result of the timing belt break........now I may puchase this car for about $300 :smoke: and start my project.

posted by  Cantesoleares

Your Message