need help with my 92 teg

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  need help with my 92 teg

hey guys, i was thinking of puttinga 04 i-vtec civic engin in my 92 integra. wondering if anyone has any thoughts on that or if you think a different engin would be better.

posted by  boobz

also i was wondering if you guys can help me with another problem. i don't know what to go with fibergalss or urathain bumpers. and was wondering the pros and cons of both.

posted by  boobz

moving to R&M :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

SJ, do these posts help answer the question you asked about his name?

posted by  vwhobo

can anyone help me plz??

posted by  boobz

If you have the money to swap that engine which would be really expensive, and the mounting, transmission, would probably want a stronger clutch, double plate atleast. If you have the money to do it, you can find someone who will do the swap for you. If You're looking to do it yourself, and you come on a forum asking for help, I would highly suggest you have a professional do it. And as far as bumpers, I would go with the polyuerethane.

posted by  Integra_LS

I re-read that post.

I would not suggest trying to transplant a i-vtec into your integra. I would suggest building an LS-VTEC(Ls Block/GS-R head). Or simply swapping out the b18 from the GS-R.

Also, again about the bumpers, I may be wrong, but I was told fiberglass cracks easier than uerathane.

posted by  Integra_LS

thanks man, why don't you think i should go with the i-vtec? i know someone that will do it for $500 i just need to buy the engin.

posted by  boobz

i dont see why you would want to do that... i mean sure theyre bigger, but but remember that the "i" stands for "intellegent" and vtech wont cut on as hard as say a normal vtec would... sure there is the fact that it comes with 2 stages of vtec, it probably wont let you do as much because of that little "i"... but i dont know for sure, cuz i havent seen that swap done yet

posted by  mazda6man

i want it cuz it is not normal to see that swap, and it has more hp than the stock one. right now i jsut have the 1.8 doch( if anyone know how much hp i have could you plz let me know). and if anyone has any suggestions as to what to do to the stock 1.8 plz let me know. i am going to be putting on a cold air intack. and does anyone know if i can put a 15 psi turbo on the 1.8 ?

posted by  boobz

If you have a 1.8 litre dual overhead cam you are doing good. If it is an LS engine, just find a GSR head, bam! The I-vtec conversion would be very pricey, and the engine would cost more than the Integra itself.

I say unless your engine has high mileage, build on that. Of course you could always jut get your engine rebuilt and add on from that if theres too high of mileage.

posted by  Integra_LS

i have 253000 k on it. do you think i could go with a 15 psi turbo??

posted by  boobz

and btw how much hp do you think i can pull out of the 1.8.

posted by  boobz

Your Message