where is the fuel filter?

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  where is the fuel filter?

i have a 90 dodge daytona with a 2.2 ltr 4 spd. and when i'm driving down the highway it acts like it's not getting gas or like it has bad gas but i've been putting good gas in it and injector cleaner and it just won't work so i thought i would try the fuel filter but there is a problem with that i don't know where it is or what it looks like. the only mechanical training i have is when something goes wrong i fix it and until i do i don't drive. so please help if you can i would really appreciate it

posted by  90daytona

Underneath the car, below the back seat, right side.

posted by  vwhobo

hey daytona,

why don't you thank vwhobo? He could have told you to go buy a haynes manual but instead, was nice enough to tell you where the inline fuel filter is for your Dodge.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

thank you very much for your help. i didn't expect to get any feedback but thank you very much. i may post again with more stupid questions. please don't be short with me i am definatly new at this stuff but again thank you for your time. you don't know how much it will make a difference.

posted by  90daytona

Hello, something that will be of help to you in the future... ANY fuel injection car has an inline filter located exterior of the tank sock. You can almost always follow the fuel lines and find it underneath the car along the frame rails. ALSO- if you twist a shop rag up and tie one around each wrist, when you undo the filter the gas wont run down your arm to your elbow and get on your sleeve or armpit. This works well when doing transmission services or dealing with any fluids wherby you are lying on your back. And regardless of how good we are, wear safety glasses, they are not punk, they are well worth their weight in preventing a trip to the emergency room from a shot of fluid in the eye. Take care.

posted by  MsSnapon

Your Message