Ok, here's my problem on an 84 Nissan Stanza. Any help would be appreciated!

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Ok, here's my problem on an 84 Nissan Stanza. Any help would be appreciated!

My dad has a 1984 Nissan Stanza. It's a 4 dr hatchback, automatic, 2.0 4 cyl engine with 121,666 miles on it. Since we're moving, he's wanting to get rid of it because it will not start. I however, do not have a car, and am interested in buying it. The battery is dead as of right now, but when it's fully charged(or so my dad thinks) the car refuses to turn over. It clicks, but that's it. I say it's probably the battery being problematic, either that or the starter. Does anyone have any ideas? Has this happened to anyone before? If so, what was the problem? I'd love to get it running, as it is a nice dependable car with lots of new parts.

posted by  teri04

Yep, it could be the battery or the starter. On the other hand it maight be something elso too. Hard to say.

posted by  vwhobo

try a battery and work from there. that would be the cheapest thing. it is the starter mototr that is clicking while turning the key??? do you have ignition lights??? if so how bright are they?? it may be possible the battery has droped a cell. telll the charger that it is charger when really it isnt. so yeah rty a new/different battery and see how you go

posted by  Speed Shed

Your Message