Plymouth Breeze Diagnostics

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Plymouth Breeze Diagnostics

first, thanks to vwhobo and hitchhiker for helping with my chevy s-10 transmission, it's alot better. Now my wifes car is acting up. Its a Plymouth Breeze 1998, don't laugh its paid for. Check engine light is on. Changed plugs, but not wires about 600 miles ago. Car ran great with new plugs. Car is now jumpy and stalls on stops. Also has recent oil change, filters, etc. Is there some kind of way I can run a diagnostic on the problem myself? MAP sensor? Oxygen sensor? New spark plug wires? On my cadillac I could push some buttons on the radio and it would tell me the computer codes, do any of you know if Chryster has the same type system and how to do it. The only readers I can find in town are for GM and Ford.

posted by  jfrank

OTTOMH...Fuel filter?

posted by  BavarianWheels

Hey Jfrank,

i am still waiting for that turkey to arrive. Maybe it got lost in the mail? :laughing:

Your car is Obd II equipped.

You really have to get the dtc codes out of the computer before you do anything.

Jump in you car and travel to the nearest Advance auto parts or Autozone.
Each of these stores has equipment to read your ObdII trouble codes.

Here's a few links,

One has a history of OBDII, one has where your connector is on the dash and the last is one you can use to define the codes.

http://www.nology.com/pdfandzipfiles/obdiiconnectorlocations.pdf

http://www.obdii.com/connector.html

http://www.autotap.com/codes.asp

btw, once your have your code Autozone can make a printout for the code with the correct diagnostic steps....good luck

posted by  hitchhiker

Let us know what trouble codes you find

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Autozone ran a diagnosis and cylinder #1 wasn't firing. New wires seemed to have done the trick. They cleared the code after I installed the wires and it ran great back home, about 23 miles. I should've changed them when I put in the new plugs. Thanks ya'll!

posted by  jfrank

And my fuel filter diagnosis??? :hi: :hi:

:sleep: (guess I'm 0-3 now :()

posted by  BavarianWheels

Glad you found the problem - Codes such as P0300 (Random misfire) or P0301 (#1 cylinder misfire) can be fun or even screwy to trouble shoot since there are several reasons for misfire.

These type of codes can be caused by a number of things such a bad spark plug, bad plug wires (a was probably the case here), bad distributor cap, bad rotor (in the case of P0300), bad ignition coil (P0300), faulty primary ignition wiring, intake manifold leaks (P0300, P0301, P030x) or throttle body leaks, vacume hose leaks, etc.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Have fun Jfrank,

Will continue to wait at mailbox for first turkey as both will not fit in the mailbox. :thumbs:

posted by  hitchhiker

Had the same problem. Changed ignition wires and coils. My car actually crapped out suddenly on the highway. Ran like new after that till the lemmon decided what would plague it next.

posted by  tml2k

Your Message