Toughy! Cluth Problem

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Toughy! Cluth Problem

In my 1987 Chevy Sprint, not turbo. When I start it and idle it, there is a distinct RATTLE sound, when I push in the clutch, the RATTLE goes away and it runs smooth as a good lawnmower. When I let the clutch out, it RATTLES again. Any takers?

posted by  Devon1299

Misalignment of clutch fork or bad throw-out bearings. An opinion, of which, I won't back up. :mrgreen:

posted by  lectroid

Although not usually a rattling sound, the clutch release bearing's usually the culprit (is that what throw out bearings are Lectroid?). is it a very loud rattle?

posted by  Cliffy

Yes, across the pond, that's what we call them, ole chap. :clap: :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

Jolly good old chap, Jolly good. Now, when I look at it, comon sense tells me they mean the same thing :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

Commonsense, or should it be come on sense, which some of the most intelligent people don't have an ounce of. I wish I new which one's made the most money 30 yrs ago. I might be in a better shape now. :banghead: :banghead: :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

lol..I know what you mean Lectroid..still, it's early days for me yet..I can be saved :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

HOW ?

posted by  lectroid

How is it early days, or how can I be saved? to make it simple..I have no idea to either of them lol

posted by  Cliffy

Well, I guess your right on track,,, must be in your early 20's. You have to be on the job right now, or a insomniac. :laughing: I think my typig is sturtig to slurr, mus bee close to shutup tyme :oops:

posted by  lectroid

You are correct, I am indeed in my (very) early 20's...This shows I guess, as I had to use dictionary.com to look up the meaning of isomniac lol..comonsense though..right? oh and watch those faulse teeth dont fall out in ya sleep...sorry, jk :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

HeHe, although I am a professed HILLBILLY, living in the heart of the Hatfield-McCoy Fued, I still have most of my teeth. :laughing: You may not have a clue as to what the stereo type of this area has been projected to be(like everyone has one tooth).I take it in stride, because I know better. Have you ever heard of the Hatfield-McCoy fued ? :doh: I'm starting to ramble. :wink2: American history 101 :sleep:

posted by  lectroid

No, although I get the bit about the stereotypical hillbilly though....dont they wear dungaries too..oh, and drive those dodgy 'ol 1955 pickups? :hi: It's just the picture I had in my head..that's all lol :thumbs: :ticking:

posted by  Cliffy

No, I would love to have a 55 Dodge PU, mine is an 85 PU,,seriously. As far as dungaries, do you mean jeans, as in levis, wrangler, calvins, tommy hilfiger? Here is a pic of myself, wish I had one of me and my cow. :laughing:
http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/72131/buyvowel.jpg
Even a jean shirt>

posted by  lectroid

Good to see ya...I meant dungaries as in the jeans that go up ya chest and strap around ya shoulders. :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Those happen to be called bib-overalls, or just bibs. Hillbilly 101.

posted by  lectroid

Oh..I see, so do you wear them too then? :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Man, that's really not a photo of me, it's actually VWHOBO. :mrgreen:

posted by  lectroid

Oh and I suppose you're a 20 somthing year old with numerous super models chasing him? :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Nope, but sometimes coveralls. Do you know what those are ?

posted by  lectroid

Well...logic tells me coveralls are overalls....but maybe not...

posted by  Cliffy

Sorry, didn't undestand this.

As far as logic and COVERALLS go, think about it, :thumbs: . Covers All

posted by  lectroid

You said that that phot was of hobo...I said you must be 20 odd with the models etc etc if it wasn't you lol...as for logic....I think I sumed the 'Coverall' thing up..right? anyways..I'm I shouldn't be here, if I'm caught I'll be fired..not to mention the fact that I was sposed to leave work 30mins ago Grrrr... :ticking: :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

:doh: Dumbass// Don't take it the wrong way :ohcrap: :banghead:

posted by  lectroid

lol..dont take what the wrong way? *is confused lol* :mrgreen:

posted by  Cliffy

Did you in not a way state, if you were caught on the internet you could be fired ? Dunbass in my book. :doh:

posted by  lectroid

Yes...I'm not spose to use it, how am I a dumbass?

posted by  Cliffy

Maybe jobs are a dime a dozen over there, but not here. Was not to be an expression of your intelligence, only your youthful judgement. Get the clue ?

I guess I did't explain myself correctly. In my up-bringing and adult-hood, if someone calls you an asshole, they are usually refering to your personality. When and if they call you a dumbass, they think you have or are going to make an error in your judgement. You understand me ? I am an asshole, most of the time. I try my best not to be degrading to people, but I am a smartass-asshole, ask my wifey.Dumbass :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

Thank you, I understand now :mrgreen: I asked your wife and she confirms your statment about being an asshole :thumbs: and you are correct, I am a dumbass. Dont worry, I'm a Brit so I can take a grilling :ticking:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message