Cold Air Intake and Throttle Body

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Cold Air Intake and Throttle Body

Hello everyone,

my 97 neon is all stock. I want to start doing some performance upgrades and heard that an air intake will increase performance, especially for DOHC 2.0L 5-speed. Is this true? Is it worth the 250+ dollars? I also hear that installing a bigger throttle body will increase performance significantly ?

posted by  1997expresso

It's just not worth it. On a 2.0 you won't get much of a difference.

posted by  DodgeRida67

really? thats too bad. I will take yer word for it though thanks... How can I maximize my performance ??? is there anything besides turbos or superchargers??

posted by  1997expresso

You can do some research around websites if you want to see what they say about inhancing performance. First thing I'd do to inhance performance is a total ignition upgrade. But hey, that's what I'd do.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Really..hmm.. I am very new to this, would you mind telling me what would be involved in an ignition upgrade? Are you talking about spark plugs, wires etc...?????

posted by  1997expresso

Since you have a neon, hop on over to www.allpar.com and visit there forums. The people there can tell you a good bit about upgrading with mopar and perfomance.

posted by  DodgeRida67

what is there other than intake headers exhaust new chip and weight reduction to make it my car faster bcz i have all of that already and besides a total ignition upgrade wich im goin to do like u sed

posted by  neon720

Your Message