Help Please Ford Fiesta question

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Help Please Ford Fiesta question

Please could someone tell me where to find the Inlet Air Temperature sensor on a MK 5 8v fiesta. If there isn't one could you please tell me where the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor is located. I know nothing about engines so please be descriptive and not just say to the right of the oil sum or summat (u kno wot I mean).
:doh:

posted by  Marco

Follow your air intake...only thing I can think of. And I'm 0-4 :banghead:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Cheers dude.
This seems to be a hard question, no one knows 4 sure. Hopefully an engine buff will stumble accross this thread.

posted by  Marco

Might this help?

Ford Fiesta Air Temp Sensor (http://www.kandn.com/57i/57-0149%202054-257.pdf)

posted by  BavarianWheels

The chiltons manual for that car will probably tell you where it is, what it looks like, and how to replace it. Chiltons manuals are available at any auto parts stores.

posted by  GhettoTaurus

Hi Marko, the reason your thread appears to go un-noticed is because you're talking about a UK spec Ford and most people here are American....I could be wrong of course lol, anyway, the link that bav provided should help you out with that one no end, if ya need any further help just ask :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

For many American specification cars older than 5 to 7 years, the Autozone website www.autozone.com can lead you to a section titled repair info where there are prictures, drawings, wiring diagrams, etc. The ECM's Coolant Temperature Sensor will be located either somewhere on the intake manifold near a water passage (often close to the temperature gage sending unit) or near the thermostat outlet.

If you are in the UK, I wander if the parts stores there have similar info on the web sites.

A Haynes or Chiltons or similar manual for your Fiesta (I suspect they sell them in the UK) would be a good investment.

Without additional details such as model year and engine displacement, I can't help much further

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Hello, the ambient air temperature sensor on almost any vehicle measures air temperature coming into the intake so they are usually located on the air intake hose. Start at the air filter housing, then look at the air hose on up to the intake manifold. The AAT or IAT sensor usually has one or two wires which read temperature so it will have a plug attached to it. (Often mass air flow meters 'MAF' have them built in, but you dont have that concern.) As for the coolant temperature sensor, it usually has one to three wires and plugs into a round brass looking object located in front of or behind the thermostat so that it reads the temperature of the coolant in the engine. It is often located near the thermostat housing which you can find by following the radiator hose the engine. Depending on the flow direction, either the upper or lower radiator hose will take you to the thermostat area by which case you will find the coolant temp sensor almost adjacent to. If there are two sensors that look similar, one is for the temperature gauge/light, the other is the coolant temp sensor. I hope this helps.

posted by  MsSnapon

Your Message