87 4Runner probs....

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  87 4Runner probs....

Here goes:
Normally I can figure anything out that goes wrong with my vehicles. Here is one that I cannot.

87 4runner SR5, 2.4 NA, 5 spd, 2 dr, 187,xxx miles, haven't had any major work done in last 6 mos...

the rear window of this model lowered into the tailgate allowing you to lower the tg. This was done with either a switch in the center console, or tunring the key in the keyhole in the tg. Now out of the blue it stopped working. I checked the fuse. fine. I am going to tear the tailgate apart soon as I have time...

my question is this: has anyone had similar problems or know of anything that could help me out?

Thanks in advance.

posted by  jmyers0341

If your 4Runner is one of those with the removable top, it may be that it is not seated properly. I believe there is a sensor for proper seating...and one also for proper seating of the tail gate. You may want to give the sensor for the gate a checksie and/or give the gate a good slam. My brother-in-law has this problem at times...and once it was the top...and more recently I've noticed him having to slam the gate shut...

I hope this helps...or I'll be 0-5. :banghead: :cussing:

:thumbs:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Thanks, it was the rear windshield wiper wasn't set right so the window wouldn't move. There is a little sensor where the wiper assembly rests and it wasn't seated just right....something so simple..... :banghead:

Thanks for the reply! :thumbs:

posted by  jmyers0341

Damn...I'm 1-6 :banghead:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Sheer genius Bav

posted by  Cantesoleares

Youre OK BavarianWheels

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Your Message