location of IAC on Focus spi engine

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  location of IAC on Focus spi engine

Can anyone tell me the location of the IAC on a Ford Focus spi?

posted by  lunatic987

Yes, it's attached to the throttle body. Of course your repair manual will tell you that.

posted by  vwhobo

Damn...I could've been 1-5 had I found the answer just a few minutes earlier...Google searches work!!

I'm still 0-4 :cry:

posted by  BavarianWheels

yes it would tell me that, if I had a manual.

posted by  lunatic987

Only a fool does anything to his car beyond basic maintenance without a manual. If you're doing anything to the IAC you're well past the point of basic maintenance. If you have to ask where it is, you shouldn't be touching it at all.

posted by  vwhobo

Geez you are pissy. I wouldn't have to ask if I had the manual to tell me where it is. I am asking where it is located, not asking to be called a fool. If you don't want to tell me where it is, fine. Don't yell at me.

posted by  lunatic987

What trouble codes is the car throwing or what symptoms is the car exhibiting to require Idle Air Control valve replacement?

posted by  tbaxleyjr

It's not getting replaced and I personally am not going to be cleaning it.

posted by  lunatic987

just curious - some of these little boogers run between $50 and $75

posted by  tbaxleyjr

if I go to get a new one, it would probably end up costing 100+

posted by  lunatic987

If it's not getting replaced and you are not going to clean it, WHAT is your need to know ? By the way, the HOBO did not call you a fool, he was making a statement. But, if the shoe fits. :doh:

posted by  lectroid

I've not bought anything from them but the boys on CrownVic Net reference them a lot. https://fordparts.com/index.php I have found the prices posted there are not too bad and in line with my neighborhood Auto Zone and NAPA

The IAC valve for my Crown Vic is posted there @ a little over $50 + shipping

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Your Message