clutch problem

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  clutch problem

well i was drving home on the highway, pushed the clutch in and tried to change gears wouldnt let me so i tried it again and the next i know the clutch is stuck to the floor and the cars running down the highway in Nutreul, car wont start or anything, does anyone know what might at all be the problem i wont find out until monday it at the dealership, and now i have to find my own way to work because i didn't get "exteneted" warrenty and they wont get me a rental, which is bullshit

posted by  madmaz3

What car is it? If it's a hydraulic clutch system (most newer cars are) it could be the slave cylinder that has failed. If it's cable opperated, it could be the clutch cable. These are the most obvious causes. I'm not sure about how it would be in neutral though. I'm guessing you went to change gear and took it out of gear when going through the motions, and were just unable to locate another gear as the system failed? I'm also not sure how the car came to stall if it's in neutral unless there's another fault.

posted by  Cliffy

its hydraulic, i pressed the clutch in and it wouldnt let me change gear

posted by  madmaz3

As soon as you pushed the pedal did it shoot to the floor and not return?

posted by  Cliffy

ya it went to the floor and was stuck there, it seemed to be pushed in pass were it always was.

posted by  madmaz3

Your clutch master cylinder could be bad, the line or hose, or the slave cylinder or the fluid could have dipped down way low.

posted by  67Coronet383

agree with the above posts, I've experience same problem before, replacing my with a new one solve the issue. so I suggest that you check your clutch master cylinder.

posted by  fanatic

Please read the rules before you continue. You are in breech of at least two of them, advertising, and more than one user account. Which account would you like to keep? :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

i think i set a new world record for having a clutch stop working, after not having my car for 3 days because mazda had to replace my clutch, 10min later while driving home from the dealership my car did the same thing (they said the clutch exploded) and all i was tring to do is shift from 4 to 5 and the clutch was on the floor, does anyone have any idea what the **** is going on, car pooling to work is a pain in the ass and mazda wont tell me shit

posted by  madmaz3

Your Message