Mercedes Benz Intake

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Mercedes Benz Intake

Hi i have a 2003 c230 Mercedes Benz. i went to an aftermarket dealer today and he wanted to fabricate an intake for me for 1200 dollars. Do intakes for 2003 c230 Mercedes Benz even exist or will i have to fabricate one?

the car is a kompressor

posted by  pharcyder

Moving to Repairs & Maintenance :thumbs:

Hi...it's always nice to introduce yourself before asking for help..please Click here (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/forumdisplay.php?f=25)

posted by  Cliffy

Yes they do exist...why would he want to fabricate one...did you ask him to? :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I don't think the guy at the workshop or whatever knows where to get one for a Mercedes so i guess he assumed he would have to fabricate one. i don't even know what fabricate means but i assume it means make a custom one. i would like to order one online if i could find one. does anyone know where i can find an intake for 2003 c230 mercedes? it would be super cool if i could order one online instead of making one and paying bundles for it. thx :)

posted by  pharcyder

WHY? Simple,He wants to make his house payment on his summer home in the Bahamas. :evil: He wasn't going to fabricate one. Sounds as if he was going to ream him a new as##ole :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

does anyone have a link to where i can buy an aftermarket intake for 2003 c230 mercedes?

posted by  pharcyder

I found the following site after searching for your dilema on Google...However, I haven't had chance to check it thoroghly though, It shoud be of assistance to you!....remember, search is your friend :thumbs:

Click Here! (http://mercedes.thebenzbin.com/?year=2003&make=MB&imageField22222.x=35&ima geField22222.y=12)

posted by  Cliffy

You should also try: www.uneedapart.com. Why do you think you need an intake manifold? Nosy ain't I :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

http://mercedes.thebenzbin.com/?year=2003&make=MB&imageField22222.x=35&imag eField22222.y=12 just offers air filters only :(

my friend has a brand new lexus and he just put an aftermarket Injen intake on it and now the car sounds wayyy better. the car is a little bit louder and i would like a similar sound from my car. Injen doesn't offer any intakes for mercedes tho :(

what i really want is for my car to sound better/louder. my friend got his to sound louder by adding an aftermarket intake so i figured i would do the same. so far ive had no luck finding an aftermarket intake for mercedes though :( i know i can add exhaust to make the car louder but i don't like exhaust because everyone has it.

if there is a different method of making a car sound better and louder without getting an aftermarket exhaust, im open to suggestions because im a total newbie when it comes to tricking out cars

posted by  pharcyder

Appologies for that link...bloody usless lol...There are many ways to make a car sound louder, from induction kits..(waste of money in my opinion) to mew rear silencers. I would recomend that you do a Google search yourself to find out where to find such items..

And yes..that's exactly what it means :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Sorry man, no help here. I'd go for the exhaust. Lot's of luck in your search. :ohcrap:

posted by  lectroid

Pepboys
$4.99 for a piece of tubing.
$29.99 for an APC airfilter
Or just use your factory plastic tubing and put an air filter on their.

posted by  smokendabuda

Your Message