not getting electricity..

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  not getting electricity..

okay, I blew a fuse or something. I connected my battery wrong, put the - on the + and the + on the -. Eitherway, it was dumb, lotta smoke. My horn works, my lights work, I do not get interior light. None of my dash lights up either. My car will not turn over of course. It's a 1987 chevy sprint, not turbo. I went through both of my manuals for it and tried to locate all the fuses. I checked through the interior fuse box, and they are all fine( the box with the 20s, 10s and 15s,). Is there a main breaker I am missing? help!

posted by  Devon1299

Not that it helps. But what the hell man? :banghead:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Yeah, the terminals aren't color coded and I wans't paying attention, so ****. Anyway, got any tips?

posted by  Devon1299

Get you a VOM (Volts, OHMs Meter. You will need an electronic one, digital. or else you will ruin sensors if you use an anolog one. There about $80 US) Then just test away at things. Star with the fuses, sometimes they can trick your eye and you only think there OK. Have something near by to take a break and do this on: :banghead:

Come to think of it, I got a very important question, did you ever turn the key to the ON position when you had the battery hooked up backwards?

posted by  DodgeRida67

I feel sorry for you. Don't forget to check the fused wire links. Hopefully they might have saved you. Hard telling, what you have smoked. :doh:

posted by  lectroid

I hope he did not fry the ECM

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Your Message