Where o where is the....

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Where o where is the....

My first question here, a rather simple one really......

I cannot find where to but transmission fluid in my car. :oops: I have a 94 mitsubishi Mirage. I went to an auto zone in search of a manual for the car and they only had the latest mirage being a 93. The man at the store was kind enough to look at my car and look for where to put the transmission fluid. But he couldnt find the location.

Any help on this would highly be appreciated.

posted by  DragonMaster

Manual?

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Is it a manual transmission? If so, generally theres a fill plug on the side of the transmission your take out and put gear oil in. Not tranny fluid. Usually around 80W90. But you need to check the manual and not go by what I told you on the gear oil weight.

If it's automatic then I don't see why you can't find it? :2cents:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Its an automatic.

Thanks for the answers. This is oddly a bit of a problem. I guess im gonna see if the mechanics can show me where it is next time i get an oil change.

posted by  DragonMaster

you go to the mechanics for an oil change?
mygod :screwy:

posted by  Rhendrix

Thats why he can't find his dipstick. :hi: lol.

BTW, thought I'd let you know. GM made a few cars where you cannot mess with the transmission fluid. I don't know if mitsubishi ever did, GM is probably the only nuckleheads to do a thing like that, but it's possible. (no beef on gm guys :laughing: )

posted by  DodgeRida67

......yea, well what can i say, im a newbie with cars. And i dont want to be a newbie with cars anymore. Basically the reason why i joinned the forums. So ill handle the :screwy: and the :laughing: for a while becouse im sure i will be getting more of it, hehe :)

posted by  DragonMaster

more than likely, there will be some laughs but dont take it personally When many of these folks started fooling around with cars, there was no personal computers or internet thus they were called names besides noobie (most of which I will not repeat in public)

At least you are wanting to learn - that we can help you with.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Exactly. We all started from the beginning knowing nothing in all aspects. We all like to joke about it, laughing a little is healthy, however, if we go to far, just let us know. :thumbs:

posted by  DodgeRida67

ok cool

posted by  DragonMaster

So do I...for the minimal cost, I'd rather their hands get dirty! :thumbs: :wink2:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Your Message