Electric window on BMW

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Electric window on BMW

Hi All,
I'm driving an '83 528e series. Today on the way to work my accelerator cable broke & had to be replaced. Somehow in doing so I have done something to my electric windows. They won't budge. The power buttons are located between the seats by the gear shift. My grandson was playing with the lighter that also is right there but it hasn't worked since I got the car. The panel under the steering column was removed & we thought we rehooked everything there but ?. Any ideas what I've done?

posted by  Lindy

Do you hear them trying to work, or nothing at all? Is this for all the windows and the buttons?

Have you checked the fuse?

posted by  BavarianWheels

It's pretty obvious you disconnected something. :2cents:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Brilliant! :doh:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Yes, the first thing checked was the fuse. It appears to be fine & the tach and all are working. I'm pretty sure they are all on the same fuse. I hear no sound at all from them. Buttons or windows.

posted by  Lindy

You just disconencted something and your going to have to have a look where you were working to figure out what it was :mrgreen:

posted by  DodgeRida67

OK. But I'll check back to see if anyone has had a thought. We've actually taken it apart again & looked but I don't see anything that I missed. I'm wondering if while the grandson played with the lighter maybe something got moved there or pulled loose. Thanks for ur quick replies. OH btw, really cool rides. :doh:

posted by  Lindy

Your Message