Thank you guys!

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Thank you guys!

I posted last night about my fuel filter on the mustang,

Found it, was super easy to change
let car run for like 15 minutes it still ran extremely bad, loud and shaking real bad! Started it again 30 minutes later ran smooth and quiet for 10 minutes, pumped gas, stalled
started seems quiet, took for ride around block, ran decent! Still scared to drive long distances, incase that is not it,

question Does it usually take time after installing the fuel filter to see the differnce? or is it impact soon as i do it,

The gas that came out of old fuel filter, looked like dirty brown water!

p.s. Gas does not taste good :banghead:

posted by  pleaseHELPme!

The difference is immediate.

Hmm. Sounds like it was a little overdue. Two things you can do. First thing is, disconnect the line coming from the gas tank to the fuel filter, where it connect to the filter and aim it in a bucket or something. Turn the ignition key to the on position. Go look at the gas in the bucket, if it's clean as the gas you put in the car, everything is ok.

I forgot what year mustang you had. But if it has fuel injectors then do the following. Now, very important. I strongly, strongly, strongly suggest you get a bottle of high consentrate fuel injector cleaner, and put it in with your gas.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Nope. but it sure does smell good and at one time was a cheap high :hi: Not recommended, causes severe brain damage/ I'm almost living proof :ohcrap:

posted by  lectroid

I don't really like the smell of gas, but I do like exhaust smell :mrgreen:

You're ALMOST living proof? What's with the almost part? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Your Message